New Job Driver'S License Examiner, Service Oklahoma (Sok) In Oklahoma
|Driver's License Examiner, Service Oklahoma (SOK)|
Driver's License Examiner, Service Oklahoma (SOK)
Company : The State of Oklahoma
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oklahoma
- Interviews applicants to determine the type of license or identification required; reviews, inspects, and verifies legality of qualifiable documents; to verify identity and determine eligibility for and type of driver’s license or identification card.
- Advises applicants as to reasons application cannot be accepted and procedures to resolve any disqualifying issues including providing expert testimony relating to medical disqualifications.
- Evaluates medical, physical or mental information provided by applicant based on state and federal standards; determines requirements for waivers or restrictions to driving privileges; advises on waiver application procedures or requirements for additional evaluation.
- Conducts in-depth vehicle safety inspections of vehicles, buses and commercial vehicles to be used in completing required tests and tests operators’ knowledge and ability to safely operate required systems and equipment.
- Administers vision, written, pre-trip and skills tests as appropriate; evaluates applicant’s performance to determine knowledge and ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and comply with existing state and federal laws; determines area of improvement required and advises the applicant.
- Establishes driver’s license records while maintaining the confidentiality and security of information in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Provides assistance in preparing legal cases regarding fraudulent applications.
- Responds to inquiries from motor license agents in verifying the identity of an applicant provides information concerning specific laws and procedures to law enforcement agencies and the general public and makes recommendations on changes in driver’s license laws, policies and procedures.
- Conducts other interviews and hearings, both formal and informal, as required, concerning all aspects of driver's license suspensions, revocations and restrictions, modifications to allow driving to and from work and in the course of employment, temporary licenses and other issues; interviews individuals concerning actions taken under financial responsibility laws; reviews and analyzes accident reports and other information; renders final decision as to appropriate actions to take based on the circumstances of individual cases; issues set aside or stay orders, modification orders and temporary licenses and completes other forms and documents, as required.