New Job Mental Health Assistant 1 (Multi-Facility) (Office/On-Site) In Connecticut
|Mental Health Assistant 1 (Multi-Facility) (Office/On-Site)|
Mental Health Assistant 1 (Multi-Facility) (Office/On-Site)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
- LOCATION: Multiple facilities throughout the state
- SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Part-Time
- SHIFTS: First, Second, Third
- NOTE: Some positions may also be hazardous duty
- Capitol Region Mental Health Center (Hartford)
- Connecticut Mental Health Center (New Haven)
- River Valley Services (Middletown)
- Southeastern Mental Health Authority (Norwich)
- Southwest Connecticut Mental Health System (Bridgeport)
- Western Connecticut Mental Health Network (Danbury, Torrington, Waterbury)
- Whiting Forensic Hospital (Middletown)
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule;
- Comprehensive Benefits which including industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings;
- Retirement healthcare offerings;
- Accrued vacation, personal and sick leave;
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year;
- Professional growth and development opportunities; and
- Outstanding work-life balance!
- Work among professionals whose treatment goals developed for clients/patients are aimed to help individuals be stabilized, rehabilitated, and return to community-based living;
- Utilize your expertise in assisting clients/patients in developing a stress-free attitude;
- Stay up to date with changes that affect today’s society by participating in on-going education and training activities; and
- Apply your skills and experience to enhance self-worth of our clients/patients.
- Current DMHAS permanent employees in the classification of Mental Health Assistant 1 should not apply.
- Permanent DMHAS employees in the classification of Mental Health Assistant 1 transfers will be handled through the DMHAS Lateral Transfer Agreement.
- Positions through this posting are permanent positions with temporary assignments.
- Permanent assignments will be completed at a later date after the agency transfer list has been cleared.
- Be a part of a comprehensive team of caring professionals;
- Assist our clients/patients so they can achieve success;
- Experience the opportunity to make a difference in the public sector;
- Make an impaCT as a Mental Health Assistant 1 for the State of Connecticut; and
- Join us and apply today!
- These positions may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID 19 Vaccination Immunization. Note: Whiting Forensic Hospital is excluded from this requirement.
- These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
- Candidates who meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening will be considered for this role as determined by qualifications stated on the submitted application.
- Annual salary range based on weekly hours of position:
- NOTE: New hires shall be paid at the rate listed above. Upon successful completion of the working test period, effective the payroll period following, the Employee shall be compensated at Step 1 of the Mental Health Assistant 1. Employees who have previously completed a working test period in an 1199-covered direct-care position shall not be subject to this reduced training rate upon transfer or promotion.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. We are no longer accepting resumes in accordance with PA 21-69. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s), shift(s), and employment status(es) in which you are willing to work on your application. Failure to indicate the location(s), shift(s), and employment status(es) may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location, shift, and employment status.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Facilities may choose to review applications generated from this posting to fill Mental Health Assistant 1 positions within various locations, shifts, etc. throughout the state. If so, these positions will NOT be posted separately on JobAps. When a new, similar Mental Health Assistant 1 (Multi-Facility) posting is announced (with a recruitment number ending in MHA), you must re-apply for consideration.
- Note: A facility may have a need to post a job opening for a more ‘specific’ Mental Health Assistant 1 position geared towards the facility’s specific position(s). Those types of Mental Health Assistant 1 job openings on JobAps will NOT use applications from this recruitment pool. You must apply to those postings in order to be considered for appointment to those specific position(s). We encourage you to apply to each Mental Health Assistant 1 posting you are interested in. Please sign up for Interest Cards to be notified when Mental Health Assistant 1 recruitments are posted.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
- Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Doreen Clemson at [email protected] or 860-785-9855.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Participates in assigned nursing, clinical and/or rehabilitative interventions to meet client short and long term needs; advocates for services or resources that meet client needs and preferences; assists client in developing effective strategies for managing internal and external stress; routinely solicits personal goals and preferences; identifies and facilitates use of appropriate support networks; participates in education and training activities to further skill development; participates in admission and discharge planning activities; protects civil rights of client; maintains a safe and healthy environment; may manage client behaviors through verbal communication as needed; performs related duties as required.
COMMUNITY OR OUTPATIENT PROGRAMS: Functions as a member of a case management team or program; participates in assessment, crisis intervention and monitoring of clients in community at large (i.e. emergency rooms, jails, homeless shelters, outpatient programs, etc.); assists client in learning and practicing daily living skills, medication monitoring and/or community adaptation skills; provides individual, group and/or family supportive treatment under appropriate supervision.
INPATIENT WARD OR UNIT: Communicates and interacts with clients; participates in development of nursing care and treatment plans; encourages client to participate in therapeutic activities; observes and records client behavior and prepares pertinent reports; participates in on-going education and training programs; may participate in follow up of client in community based services; may supervise self-administration of oral medication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
2. Two (2) years of college training in a behavioral science, social work, rehabilitation therapy or its equivalent may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. One (1) year of experience as a Recovery Support Specialist providing peer support to agency clients may be substituted for the General Experience.
4. Completion of a mental health trainee certificate program may be substituted for six (6) months of the General Experience.
- Experience working with clients/patients with behavioral health issues or substance use issues.
- Experience working with a population with neurocognitive disorders in a behavioral health setting.
- Experience working with clients/patients that are diagnosed with mental health conditions.
- Experience using interpersonal skills to calm and deescalate clients/patients.
- Experience working in roles that require mandatory overtime.
- Experience working as a team member and independently.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.