New Job Systems Activation Director In Georgia
|Systems Activation Director|
Systems Activation Director
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Georgia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Jacobs-led team will serve as MARTA's CPMO Supplemental Services Consultant and manage the construction aspects. A joint venture between Jacobs and H. J. Russell & Company – was selected to support the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) as they embark on their expansion program.
Summary of position:
As a System Activation Director, you’ll provide expertise in logistics, planning, developing, coordination, and scheduling of all operational readiness activities associated with new or expansion of transit systems and other facility improvement projects. This position is within the Centralized Program Management Office of the Capital Projects, Expansion & Innovation Department at MARTA. You’ll work closely with several departments across MARTA including Operations; Safety & Quality Assurance; Capital Programs Delivery; Design, Engineering & Infrastructure; Customer Experience; Facilities; and outside parties including consultants, contractors, and jurisdictional partners to plan and deliver a coordinated program
- Participate in and support planning, ramp up and execution of the various elements of transit system activation. Modes may include heavy rail, bus rapid transit, arterial rapid transit, and light rail/streetcar transit.
- Work with a team to develop concepts of operations for new facilities and incorporate all readiness elements into planning for system activation.
- Coordinate and/or develop training plans
- Ensure system activation schedules are developed and integrated into Project Master Schedules
- Develop a comprehensive plan for transition of operations from existing to new facilities covering the areas of facility maintenance, operations, communications, finance, training, and information technology
- Work with subject matter experts in training, scheduling, stakeholder engagement, testing, safety and security certification, and service deployment
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with senior representatives of key stakeholders including the MARTA internal departments of Operations; Safety & Quality Assurance; Capital Programs Delivery; Design, Engineering & Infrastructure; Customer Experience; Facilities; and outside parties including consultants, contractors, and jurisdictional to ensure all are engaged in the system activation program
- Focus on ensuring technical systems meet their intended purpose, providing an effective framework to support staff operations and methodically trialing every component of all systems and developing mitigation plans to address any issues or deficiencies in the systems along with corrective action plans
Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Building Construction, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) is preferred
Ideally, you'll also have:
10+ years’ experience in project management of large engineering and/or construction project to include professional experience in project controls, project planning, and program management
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.