New Job Site Manager In Georgia
Company : Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Georgia
Do you want to build an impactful career to change the world for the better?
Geosyntec is an innovative, international engineering and consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients to address new ventures and complex problems involving our environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Our engineers, scientists, technical and project employees serve our clients from offices across the world. Ranked by ENR as one of the top environmental engineering design firms, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service.
- Monitor activities on job sites to ensure compliance with relevant contract documents (e.g. technical specifications, construction drawings, sampling plans, CQA plans etc.);
- Provide periodic monitoring of multiple active construction sites;
- Prepare daily field reports, weekly field reports, & progress reports;
- Ensure project documentation is correct and consistent with company policy & procedures;
- Interact with project personnel (contractors, project managers, engineers & clients) and assist in cultivating an integrated team approach through open lines of communications and participation in work progress meetings; and
- Observe and abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the site-specific project health and safety plans and the company’s Environmental Health and Safety Management policies and procedures.
- Fieldwork: Up to 100 %
- Overnight travel: Up to 100%
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of eight (8) years of applicable experience; or Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college and a minimum of six (6) years of applicable experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in science, construction management, engineering, physical science, environmental science, or related subjects and a minimum of four (4) years of applicable experience; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position. (required)
- Technical understanding of site investigation, construction quality assurance, and/or construction management procedures for solid waste facility or environmental remediation projects. (required)
- Ability to monitor several different types of construction and environmental activities simultaneously. (required)
- Previous project management background and knowledge of CPM software. (preferred).
- Experience with Windows based software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.). (required)
- Excellent writing skills and detail orientation. (required)
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unaided and 50-100 pounds with assistance and/or proper engineering controls. (required)
- Ability to speak and hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or craw. (required)
- Strong willingness to work outdoors with interest in building a career in the environmental consulting field. (required)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be self-motivated, and possess a strong work ethic. (required)
- Regular field work and overnight travel. (required)
- Health & Safety training, medical monitoring, and client-driven drug and background testing. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)