New Job Onsite Eap Counselor Per Diem - New Holland, Pa In Pennsylvania
|Onsite EAP Counselor Per Diem - New Holland, PA|
Onsite EAP Counselor Per Diem - New Holland, PA
Company : Optum
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Pennsylvania
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
The Onsite EAP Counselor is a professional position responsible for providing onsite services to either a dedicated customer or customers in our overall book of business. Responsibilities range from assessment and referral, management consultations, training, and critical incident response. An Onsite EAP Counselor may also provide consultation to HR, program managers and supervisors on workplace and organizational issues.
Position will be 8 hours per week – schedule TBD
- Conduct solution focused consultations; helping clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
- Assess and refer to appropriate programs and services including but not limited to: Worklife, behavioral health, substance abuse / chemical dependency and community-based resources
- Assist with referrals for members needing ongoing/additional counseling services
- Provide limited after care monitoring (following up with employees and/or providers to ensure the safety of employees, continuation of treatment, etc.)
- Provide manager consultation services on a variety of work-related issues such as; performance management, trauma impacting the workplace, organizational change, individual employee crisis intervention, coaching, and Work-life issues
- Provide crisis intervention and management support in response to Critical Incidents
- Conduct on-site training services for managers and employees (e.g. wellness seminars, Health fairs, Lunch & Learns)
- Participate in monthly 1 on 1's, team meetings, and other customer meetings as required
- Utilize UHG computer to accurately and thoroughly document member contact/case documentation accessing appropriate clinical case management system (s) within departmental time frame
- Follow internal ethical and regulatory privacy policies such as HIPAA, maintain confidentiality and private health information of members. Follows state and federal licensing practices
- Other projects as assigned by manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Masters/Doctoral degree in a recognized behavioral health discipline
- Current, unrestricted license at the independent practice level in your state of residence
- 3+ years of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Ability to work onsite as needed
- EAP experience
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications
- Experience in settings such as managed care, private or public clinics, with emphasis on mental health, chemical dependency, and work place issues
- Training in EAP, workplace and organizational dynamics
- Proven solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven solid interpersonal skills required and the ability to work effectively among different levels of management and personnel
- Proven solid organizational skills with the ability to manage stressful situations and multiple competing priorities