New Job Hvac Instructor (Pt) In Alaska
|HVAC Instructor (PT)|
HVAC Instructor (PT)
Company : Charter College
Salary : $25 - $28 an hour
Location : Alaska
Our HVAC Instructors teach our Day or Evening 5-week classes working 10 to 12 hours a week between classroom time and online communication with students. We pay instructors by the course that is taught and this can range from $1,250.00 to $1,400.00 a course.
If you have ever wanted to shape the next generation of HVAC Technicians by providing real-world experience, then you might be a great fit for Charter College.
It is the philosophy of Charter College to provide a unique educational path for students that will lead to successful job performance and job satisfaction in health care, business and legal industries.
An association of caring and concerned administration; qualified, experienced and certified instructors; the College directs students not only to the highest level of academic achievement and performance but also to the nourishment of personal and professional growth.
We are looking for a Part-Time HVAC instructor who has the commitment and drives to help students achieve their dreams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with the Dean of Education regarding such activity.
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from the administrative office when needed.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in the professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based on expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years of field experience
- HVAC certification preferred
- Preference will go to those who are experienced, instructors
- Day (9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p. m.)
- Evening (6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.)
- Monday through Thursday
- Pay By the Course taught - $1,250.00 to $1,400.00 a course
We are committed to diversity. Charter College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- 4-hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Thursday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anchorage, AK: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- HVAC: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
About Charter College:
Charter College is a private, independent institution of higher education that emphasizes a new direction for continuing education. Charter College is not a liberal arts college, university, or a vocational school. Instead, Charter College takes the best elements from each of these respected educational institutions to create a unique and innovative experience that meets our students’ needs. We offer career training programs in the growing fields of healthcare, business, legal, criminal justice, information technology and select trade careers. We strive to provide our students with a career-focused education that is both relevant in today’s workspace and cutting-edge in technology and focus. https://www.chartercollege.edu/jobs