New Job Help Desk Technician (Ft) In New York
|Help Desk Technician (FT)|
Help Desk Technician (FT)
Company : City of Saratoga Springs - City Hall
Salary : $43,389 - $44,256 a year
Location : New York
SALARY : 2023 $43,389 2024 $44,256 NYS Retirement; Health, Dental, Vision Benefits; Paid time off; CSEA Union option; Yearly increases
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Data Processing, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field; OR
- Graduation from high school or a high school equivalency diploma and ONE (1) YEAR of full-time paid experience involving Windows desktop applications
- Certificate of Network Administration can be substituted for ONE (1) YEAR of experience.
- APLUS Certificate can be substituted for ONE (1) YEAR of experience.
- Provides help desk support to users, through telephone, e-mail, or written requests; clarifies the nature of software or network problems or request for service; accesses established resources to determine solutions for personal computer application problems, refers complex or unusual problems to appropriate Information Technology staff; Maintains the City website and coordinates with departments to help them keep website information up to date.
- Troubleshoots problems with software, hardware, and networks, within limits of expertise, as they occur;
- Provides technical support and training to City department employees;
- Provides orientation and training regarding the preparation and application of data for computer use;
- Instructs City employees in the proper use and routine maintenance of peripheral equipment.
- Operates peripheral equipment such as printers and video projectors;
- Performs a wide variety of related clerical functions for the IT office and performs necessary clerical work of the office such as filing source material and data entry.
- Assists in applying software updates to workstations.