New Job Economist Basic In New Mexico
Company : State of New Mexico
Salary : $53,165 - $85,064 a year
Location : New Mexico
$25.56 - $40.90 Hourly
$53,165 - $85,064 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 70
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED FOR ON-GOING RECRUITMENT AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNITL FILLED.
Why does the job exist?
This position will work with an assigned block of divisions, programs or facilities to provide oversight of expenditures, revenue analysis as well as budget projections. This position is an integral part of the agency's preparation of the annual budget request and operating budget submissions to Department of Finance Administration (DFA) and the Legislative Finance Committee (LFC). This position will also assist the budget bureau chief with the performance measure process and quarterly performance measure reporting to oversight agencies.
How does it get done?
- Assist in the preparation of the annual appropriation request and operating budget following DFA guidelines
- Assist the Budget Bureau Chief in the collection of performance measure statistics and quarterly reporting to
- Review budget projections on a monthly basis on behalf of assigned divisions, programs and facilities
- Review and prepare budget adjustment requests on behalf of assigned divisions, programs and facilities
Who are the customers?
- New Mexico Corrections Department (NMCD)
- Preparing annual appropriation requests and operating budgets
- Utilizing Share Financial Module
- Budget projections
- Governmental budgeting
- Microsoft Excel pivot tables
Associate's degree in Economics, Statistics or Business Administration and two (2) years of experience in database manipulation, statistical analysis or spreadsheet and/or statistical software usage. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
- Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
- If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver's License. Employment is subject to a pre-employment background investigation and is conditional pending results.
Work is performed in an adult prison environment, which includes daily contact with inmates. Willingness to work in a correctional facility, may be required to work odd hours, overtime, holidays, and weekends.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here
Agency Contact Information: Jacob Weathers (505) 238-5984, or email: [email protected] Email
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.