New Job Supervisor Data Analyst In Minnesota
|Supervisor Data Analyst|
Supervisor Data Analyst
Company : City of Minneapolis
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Minnesota
Regulatory Services is seeking a strategic data analyst supervisor who has demonstrated results in mentoring, optimizing processes, and transforming data driven insights into action. You’ll have the unique opportunity to supervise an analyst team that leads the management, analysis, and visualization of the department’s data. You’ll oversee research, data analysis, forecasting, data modeling, and generate dynamic content using enterprise, department and third-party data sources. This role also develops data-driven processes to assess problems, determine solutions, and deliver equitable and measurable results. Together with leadership’s priorities, your team's analyses will impact the work of our department and the City for years to come. Strong candidates will demonstrate a keen attention to detail, commitment to high-quality work products and an investment in the team’s collective success.
As the largest and most vibrant city in the state, Minneapolis depends on purposeful, dedicated and innovative employees. Minneapolis has a large variety of careers for people of all experiences and backgrounds who come together for a singular purpose—serving the residents, businesses and visitors of Minneapolis.
Work Location: This position may be eligible for flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work with some days working remotely and some days working in the office.
Great Benefits: 12 paid holidays, vacation, sick, 12 weeks paid parental leave, wellness benefits, education benefits, wellness benefits, and great health insurance. Find more about our great benefits: CLICK HERE.
- Ensure the quality of work and the integration of data systems are maintained by Data Analysts.
- Ensure attendance at meetings and act as the department's Subject matter expert (SMEs).
- Provide guidance and information on a broad range of topics to Regulatory Services staff, elected officials, and other external/internal partners.
- Working with internal units and external agencies to coordinate data requests.
- Establish changes in the system to meet the department's analytic needs.
- Develop best practices for visuals, reports and flow charts in internal/external reports. Ensure that the content is of good quality.
- Maintain a prompt and efficient approach to handling intricate data requests, frequently with tight deadlines.
- Organize projects and assign responsibilities for project development, staging, and product deployment.
- Reviews employees' performance, suggests new hires, and promotes employees when necessary.
- Maintain current awareness of evolving technologies, trends, and enterprises' needs.
Working Conditions: Office Environment
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Science, Public Affairs, or a similar field of study and 2 years supervisory experience or progression/advancement within the field of work.
Minimum Experience: 5 years of related experience, including knowledge of and ability to work with business data analysis and analytics
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience closely related to the duties of the position MAY be considered.
Selection Process: The selection process will consist of one or more of the following steps: a rating of relevant education and experience and/or an oral examination (100%). It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. This information will be used to determine which candidates will proceed in the selection process. A submitted application is also used to verify the answers to any supplemental questions. Only those candidates who attain a passing score (70%) on each step in the selection process will be placed on the eligible list. The City of Minneapolis Human Resources Department reserves the right to limit the number in any phase of the selection process.
Background Check: The City has determined that a criminal background check and/or qualifications check may be necessary for certain positions with this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be further considered for the position.
Union Representation: This position is Non-represented.
Eligible List Statement: The names of applicants who meet minimum qualification and who pass the screening process shall be placed on the eligible list for employment consideration. This list will be certified to the hiring manager who may use the list to fill a vacancy of the same job title. This eligible list will expire one (1) month after it has been established.
Interview Selection: The hiring authority reserves the right to determine the maximum number of candidates to interview from the established eligible list. If the hiring authority decides to interview other than by exam score order, they may select additional people to interview based on a candidate’s education or experience related to the field, work history, or skills uniquely related to the operational needs of the position.
- Skills for teaching and coaching others to succeed in their profession.
- Capacities to cultivate productive relationships with individuals of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, across various levels within the city,
- Great written work and great spoken words.
- Perpetual capacity to manage, balance and enhance productivity through employee empowerment. Hence,
- Be familiar with City data sources, technology solutions, and related work product information.
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries and generous benefits. We pride ourselves on a comprehensive benefits program that supports employees' health and financial well-being.
Programs, resources, and benefit eligibility varies based on position, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits information, please visit the benefits page.
New The duration of paid parental leave is 12 weeks.?
City employees are eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave in the event of a birth or placement for adoption of a child.
Eligibility for benefits begins the first of the month following employment date. The City of Minneapolis offers eligible employees one plan design with a choice of six provider networks, allowing you to select the best option for you. Available plans include Medica Choice Passport, Medica Elect, VantagePlus with Medica, Park Nicollet First with Medica, Ridgeview Community Network powered by Medica, and Clear Value with Medica.
The City of Minneapolis offers dental insurance through Delta Dental of Minnesota and pays 100% of the monthly premium for eligible employees.
Paid time off
Our generous leave package includes vacation, holidays and paid sick leave, which gives employees the opportunity to enhance their quality of life outside work. Amounts and accrual rates are based on years of experience and collective bargaining agreements.
City employees earn a pension and may choose to participate in additional retirement savings programs.
- Pension: The City of Minneapolis participates in the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA). Employees and the City both contribute a percentage of your pay to fund future benefits.
- Deferred compensation: Employees may choose to participate in pre-tax or after-tax savings plans through the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS).
Eligible City employees may choose to participate in the following transportation programs:
- Metropass: The Metropass program allows eligible employees to enroll in a pass for unlimited bus or light rail rides at a discounted price.
- Parking or Van Pool: The City of Minneapolis Transportation Benefits Plan gives you options to pay certain commuting costs-such as qualified parking and van pool expenses-with pre-tax dollars
Learning and development
To engage and develop employees, the City of Minneapolis offers classes in leadership, cultural agility, change management and more. Additionally, educational discounts at Augsburg University, Hamline University and St. Mary's University of Minnesota are available to City employees.
Employees can also take advantage of optional life insurance, flexible spending accounts, the Employee Assistance Program (Download PDF reader), technology discounts and more.