New Job Siteops Global Tooling Engineer In Nebraska
|SiteOps Global Tooling Engineer|
SiteOps Global Tooling Engineer
Company : Meta
Salary : $163,000 - $223,000 a year
Location : Nebraska
Meta is seeking a forward thinking, experienced data center global tooling engineer to join the Data Center Site Operations team. Meta should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility and adaptability will be key to their success. Our data centers, and the thousands of servers installed in them, are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered.
How do I become a Global Technology Engineer at SiteOps?
- Subject matter experts on operations and workflows, their support and automation tools.
- Collaboratively design, develop and implement software-based automation solutions to drive global operations and efficiency.
- We work with our Engineering and Operations teams to evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality operational tooling and platforms.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, functional owners and subject matter experts to understand business and operations needs in partnership with engineering and program teams and articulate how they can be addressed.
- In key areas such as production operations, server integration and repair, documentation and standardization. Robotics and automation, data center design and capacity planning, find opportunities globally.
- Gather and define requirements from data center teams, and act as the liaison between these teams and engineering teams on technical project matters.
- The work supports the global investigation of complex technical matters and spans multiple disciplines such as hardware, software, networking and power cooling.
- Create and influence roadmaps based on operational escalations, scale issues for tooling improvements and further automation.
- Building strong relationships with other groups within engineering and/or across the company, soliciting feedback from related teams and using that feedback to improve tooling efficiency as the company's infrastructure grows.
- Can travel up to 30 per cent. '
- Data Center experience, including system knowledge of Linux, server hardware and networking, network protocols, supply chain and data center automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience designing and building software applications.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule and time management experience.
- Working independently within a multi-disciplinary team of software and operations engineers. Experience
- Working in data center environments, experience working in key infrastructure commonly found in Data Centers such as cooling, power distribution and fiber-optic cables.
- In a data center environment, knowledge of all aspects of large scale supply chain, logistics and asset management is required.
- At scale, public and private cloud exposure to global production environments. Involvement in migration from traditional on-premises environments to cloud or remote.
MetLife is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or other applicable legally protected characteristics. MetLife also considers applicants with criminal records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Turnbull's Transgender Status'' (email)
MetLife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our hiring process. If you need any assistance or Weinstein accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]. Request details: [email]