New Job Insurance Collection Specialist (Full Time) In Oklahoma
|Insurance Collection Specialist (Full Time)|
Insurance Collection Specialist (Full Time)
Company : Community Hospital OKC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oklahoma
Full time insurance collection specialist needed for busy North Oklahoma City billing office.
No weekends or holidays, Monday through Friday. "
Great Benefits offered!
The Insurance Collection Specialist performs daily activities associated with the timely collection and resolution of account receivable, but is not limited to direct negotiations with appropriate payors for resolution. This employee's main objective is to secure accurate and timely payment towards outstanding patient accounts.
- Effective and efficient communication, including computer skills, must be developed.
- We must be able to obtain resolution of outstanding patient accounts, whether that is collection of payment due or resolving claim issues. Any other actions warranted are necessary.
- He needs to be able to make payments, adjustments, and denials of other forms of communication from payors to ensure that HI is receiving correct reimbursement and that we are in compliance with government and/or contract rules and regulations.
- They are expected to stay up to date on any new policy or procedure related to their current position. ) *
- They must maintain a positive working relationship with all entities they may come into contact with on a daily basis, including payors, HIPAA staff/management, co-workers, and customers.
- How can I maintain a positive public image of HISPANIC TECHNOLOGY?
- Must be able to recognize and address issues with payers on behalf of HIP and must be willing to communicate the problem to management and/or coworkers.
- Must exercise independent judgment and be able to analyse, report and repeat denials. Payor requirement changes are other instances that need management so that they can be addressed. )
- The employee is expected to be proficient in all systems, programs, and processes associated with their current position within the CBO.
- Working effectively with clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Following the direction of supervisors.
- Refusing to cause or contribute to workplace disruption.
- Regular and reliable attendance. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs insurance and third party collections, but are not limited to workers compensation, commercial insurance, managed care, Medicare, Medicaid and HMOs.
- Third party payors follow CBO guidelines established for each payor.
- Ensures claims are received and processed by the appropriate payor.
- We are expected to obtain a resolution of all outstanding accounts and collect all due payments from our clients.
- Re-file claims to insurance payors as needed by preferred method of submission.
- As needed to include, but are not limited to, demographics, insurance, listed insurance, and other information found on the claim.
- Re-file corrected claims.
- Forward denials or other claim issues that could not be resolved through the normal course of collection efforts to send a timely [now responsible] team. Request Details
- Recognize underpayments/overpayments from carriers and handle them according to policy.
- Perform additional follow up on assigned accounts within established time frames, but is not limited to status of claim, previous messages left, faxes sent, claims rejected and promised payments not received.
- Submit appropriate adjustments when warranted and ensure balance of account is correct.
- Recognize and report payor trends or issues as they are discovered to management, co-workers.
- When insurance has pending claim for information/action needed from the insured, contact patient/insured.
- Account balance due from insurance responsibility to patient when appropriate.
- Work is assigned to account for completion on a daily basis according to established productivity standards.
- As required to resolve assigned accounts, contact offices, clinics and/or other departments.
- Respond to client requests within 1 business day and/or communicate expected turn around time if completion will take longer than one day.
- Copy the immediate supervisor of any and all emails sent to clients. Note clearly and precisely any and all actions taken on an account in the section of The Messages, Informed by the Users."'
- Facility and Physician Collections Manager to report: ) *
High School Diploma or G.E., required for graduation.
- Minimum one year experience in medical insurance collections required, preferred three years with experience in multiple areas of the revenue cycle from billing to claim payment in full.
- Experience with the current system is preferred.
What are competitive benefits offered to full time employees, spouses and eligible dependents?
- Minimal out-of-pocket expenses for services provided by the company.
- Standard PPO benefits for 2 tier providers/facilities.
- There is a generous plan available with enrollment in the medical plan.
- Two network options when choosing a dentist provide maximum savings and lower out of pocket expenses.
- The largest national network of private practice doctors makes it easy to find the right doctor for you.
Section 125 offered to include pre-tax premiums for medical, dental and vision as well as flexible spending for unreimbursed out of pocket medical expenses and dependent care.
- Company paid life insurance policy for employee with option to purchase additional coverage for employees, spouse and/or dependents.
- The company pays for long term disability, which goes into effect after an absence due to medical disability for more than 120 days.
- Short term disability is available for purchase to bridge the gap between being out and when long term disabilities kick in, if applicable, and allows employee to avoid exhaustion of paid time off.
- Accident insurance and critical illness coverage are available for purchase on employee, spouse, and dependents.
- 401(k) with a generous match.
- What is the best paid time off program?
- 7 paid holidays.