New Job Administrative Officer 1 In Ohio
|Administrative Officer 1|
Administrative Officer 1
Company : State of Ohio Jobs
Salary : $28.63 an hour
Location : Ohio
Administrative Officer 1(23000527)
Our mission is to save lives, reduce injuries and economic loss, administer Ohio's motor vehicle laws and preserve the safety and wellbeing of all citizens.
What You'll Do:
Manage, organize, & coordinate all activities & functions (asset management, shipping, receiving, transport, recycling, administrative support, etc.) for the Distribution & Inventory Services Section within the Ohio Department of Public Safety (ODPS); Ensure assigned work units meet established quality, productivity & accountability standards; Ensure the operation of the asset program is in compliance with state laws & directives; Develop, implement, & enforce policies & operational procedures for all functions pertaining to assigned work units (e.g. distribution methods, inventory control, funding sources, packing requirements, labeling requirements, accountable assets, data programming needs, maintains production, financial & inventory records); Review & approve documents for salvage of asset items; Monitor & maintain information on the life span & maintenance history of fixed asset items; Recommend replacement of items that have exceeded their life span; Oversee physical inventory of fixed assets for all ODPS buildings; Oversee perpetual inventory of supplies & other items utilized statewide by various ODPS divisions (e.g. BMV Deputy Registrar Agencies, Highway Patrol Posts & District Headquarters, ODPS Shipley Building & Alum Creek Facility, etc.); Direct ordering, receipt, storage, inventory & disposition of materials needed for distribution; Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained (e.g. oversee coordination of quality control checks, cycle counts, reorder points & initiation of procurement requisitions to replenish inventory); Utilize computerized systems (e.g., BIMS, Clippership, WTFS Receiving module, MS Excel) to complete work flow processes & record & track inventory levels, shipping & receiving records & salvage of items; Establish priorities & supervise subordinate personnel (e.g. provide developmental opportunities & work direction, coach staff to foster development, monitor staff activities to ensure quality customer service & information technology security, evaluate performance, approve section staffing levels, recommend discipline, pre-screen applications & participate in interviews).
Oversee the operations & scheduling requirements of the Transport & Recycling sections; Assist with DIS Surplus as needed; Develop specifications for procurement of equipment, materials & services; Authorize assigned expenditures & purchases; Ensure assigned work units are compliant with ODPS policies & other safety, health & security regulations; Prepare position papers, briefings, reports & correspondence; Performs research & cost analysis on special projects as required; Verify all carrier generated invoices for accuracy for all outgoing departmental shipments (e.g. BMV, ADM, OHP, EMS, etc.); Prepare monthly, quarterly & annual statistical & expenditure reports.
Oversee & monitor training for ODPS Distribution & Inventory Services (DIS) unit in the operation & use of DIS operating systems (e.g. BIMS, WTFS, Clippership, etc.); Oversee inventory verifications, receipt of items, & shipments; Provide feedback regarding compliance with accountability regulations; Add, update, & review operations manual, procedures, & policy; Prepare correspondence regarding ODPS activities in reference to the status of their inventory, requests for information &/or disposal of items including, but not limited to, proper disposal of hazardous material; Assist with coordinating staffing requirements; Act as a back-up to other supervisors within the section in their absence; Operate various material handling & shipping equipment as required to perform assigned tasks (e.g. forklift, personal computer, & shipping manifest system); Perform other related duties as assigned.
What’s in it for you:
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website! Our benefits package includes:
- Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits are offered through the available Ohio Med plans.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Dental, vision, and basic life insurance premiums are free after completed eligibility period. Length of eligibility period is dependent on union representation.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Childbirth/Adoption leave
Employee Development Funds
- The State of Ohio offers a variety of educational and professional development funding that varies based on whether you are a union-exempt employee or a union-represented employee.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee’s salary. Visit the OPERS website for more information.
- The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan. Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation website for more information.
Ohio is a Disability Inclusion State and strives to be a Model Employer of Individuals with disabilities. The State of Ohio is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.
Completion of undergraduate core program in business or public administration or closely related area.
- Or 24 mos. exp. in administrative, management or supervisory position.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
Major Worker Characteristics
KNOWLEDGE: Budgeting; Inventory Control; Accounting; Supervision; Safety Practices (OSHA)*; Office Practices & Procedures (DIS)*; Agency Policies & Procedures (ODPS)*.
SKILL: Word Processing (Microsoft Office Applications); Equipment Operations (General Office Equipment, Shipping equipment).
ABILITY: define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; prepare meaningful, concise & accurate reports; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; handle sensitive inquiries from & contacts with officials & general public.
Unusual Working Conditions: May require travel; may work evenings & weekends
- This position may be filled by lay-off or certification eligibility list if applicable
- This position is essential, meaning the duties this job performs are critical to the continued operations of the Ohio Department of Public Safety during a public safety emergency (OAC 123: 1-46-01 & DAS Directive HR-D-11). Whoever fills this position will be required to report for duty during any public safety emergency.
- A background check, tax check, and BCI fingerprint check may be required on all selected applicants
- A comparative analysis and/or drug test may be a requirement of the hiring process