New Job School Registrar In Hawaii
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Hawaii
Hawaii Technology Academy (HTA), a public charter school, is looking for an experienced candidate for the position of Registrar. The Registrar is responsible for the management of student records, files, and reporting, ensuring HTA is meeting all local, state, and federal regulations. The Registrar also provides direct service related to student records to students, families, faculty, staff, administration, and the general public. The Registrar reports to the Director of School Records and works collaboratively with the enrollment team, senior staff, administrators, teachers, and counselors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Entering and maintaining all student enrollment and demographics into HTA’s student information system (HonuHub) and the state’s student information system (Infinite Campus).
- Maintaining student records in the enrollment, transfer, withdrawal, and re-enrollment of students and preparing related records and files.
- Conducting periodic compliance audits of student cumulative records and transcripts.
- Entering and maintaining student transcripts, report cards, and student exiting grades; fulfilling internal and external student records requests.
- Interpreting foreign and domestic transcripts and converting grade and hour credits to corresponding units as used within the DOE.
- Verifying, and maintaining homeschooled and in-flight student rosters, collecting annual report cards, and communicating deadlines and requirements.
- Verifying graduation requirements and cohort data; tracking graduates and maintaining graduation data statistics.
- Preparing data for extraction and reporting/submission as required by the Hawaii Department of Education and the Hawaii Charter School Commission, etc.
- Collecting and submitting complete and accurate data to all required DOE, federal, and state reporting agencies.
- Creating new courses and ensuring that course titles and descriptions align with state curriculum requirements, career pathways, honors recognition certificates, and graduation requirements.
- Responding to inquiries regarding student information from other schools, colleges, employers, parents, and authorized agencies; verifying and providing the information in permanent student records as appropriate.
- Creating task lists, calendars, and reporting cycles to lead the work of the registrar's office.
- Staying abreast of DOE enrollment policies, procedures, and student enrollment criteria in Infinite Campus.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information.
- Communicating with parents, teachers, and community members about records-related questions, issues, and requests.
- Supervising the duties of the Registrar Clerk.
- Assisting the Director of School Records with all other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates must be:
- Experienced serving as a Registrar at a public, charter, or private High School; Three to five years of experience in an office and/or school setting in an administrative capacity.
- Experienced creating, updating, and verifying student transcripts and report cards.
- Exceptional in written, verbal, technology, and organizational skills.
- A solutions-oriented problem solver, able to analyze and interpret information.
- Extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative.
- A team player, but also able to work independently with little direction.
- Able to stay organized, work efficiently, and multi-task in an office environment.
- Strong in their computer skills and proficient in Excel, Google Docs, Google Apps, and online meeting software.
- Able to create and maintain spreadsheets and compile data.
- Proficient in office skills such as typing, faxing, scanning, and filing.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff.
- Willing to research and become knowledgeable of applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Able to retrieve work materials from overhead, waist, and ground-level files.
This is a full-time salaried 12-month supervisory position beginning on or before August 1, 2023. Salary commensurate with experience and correlated with the appropriate HGEA salary schedule and bargaining unit. This position is based in our central office on Oahu and requires state and federal background clearance, as well as TB clearance. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave and employer contributions toward medical, dental, and vision coverage.