New Job Job Center Specialist Ii Ac: Dvop (Disabled Veteran Outreach Program) In Vermont
|Job Center Specialist II Ac: DVOP (Disabled Veteran Outreach Program)|
Job Center Specialist II Ac: DVOP (Disabled Veteran Outreach Program)
Company : State of Vermont
Salary : $22.29 an hour
Location : Vermont
The Vermont Department of Labor's (VDOL) Veteran's support team is looking for a highly motivated and compassionate Veteran to serve as a Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist (DVOP). The DVOP is responsible for providing outreach, case management, and job placement services to disabled Veterans.
Working constantly to help us achieve our purpose of serving businesses and improving the lives of working Vermonters, our ideal candidate is oriented to operational excellence, and continuous improvement and is committed to ensuring that the services available to Veterans are equitable, accessible, and provided with compassion and professionalism.
- Conducting outreach and provide case management services to disabled Veterans and eligible spouses in the community.
- Assist Veterans and eligible spouses in accessing and utilizing Veteran employment services and programs.
- Provide job placement services to disabled Veterans, including job search assistance, resume writing, and interview preparation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local employers to identify job opportunities for disabled Veterans.
- Provide referrals to supportive services, such as mental health counseling, housing assistance, and financial counseling.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files and records.
- Collaborate with other service providers and community organizations to enhance service delivery for disabled Veterans.
- Other responsibilities as required by the Jobs for Veterans State Grant
- Knowledge of Veteran's Employment Programs and services
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with professionalism and integrity in all interactions with staff and customers.
- Experience working with Veterans, preferably disabled Veterans.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must have Veteran status at the time of hire with a discharge under honorable conditions.
Who May Apply
This position, Job Center Specialist II Ac: DVOP (Disabled Veteran Outreach Program) (Job Requisition #47325), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact [email protected].
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
The JCS II-DVOP works out of an AJC office as assigned by the Workforce Development Division Director, and is expected to regularly visit assigned AJC offices in his/her geographic area of responsibility. The JCS II-DVOP is expected to travel in this position for training and other tasks on a weekly basis. Out of state travel for training or other events may be required. Private means of transportation is necessary.
Associate's degree AND one (1) year or more of experience in direct customer service, employment services, human services, human resources, vocational counseling, or closely related field.
High school diploma or equivalent AND three (3) years or more of experience in direct customer service, employment services, human services, human resources, vocational counseling, or closely related field.
Must have Veteran status at the time of hire with a discharge under honorable conditions.
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program