New Job Press Assistant Night Shift In Kansas
|Press Assistant NIGHT SHIFT|
Press Assistant NIGHT SHIFT
Company : Vestcom
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kansas
BENEFITS THAT MATTER: • Benefits eligible the 1st of the month, following hire date • 17 Paid Days Off & 6 paid Holidays • 3 Medical plan options, Dental & Vision coverage • Employer paid STD, Life Insurance & AD&D • Paid Parental Leave Program • Vitality Wellness Program & Rewards • Employee Assistance Program • Retirement Saving Plan 401(K) with Employer match • Employee led Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee • Best-in-class Korn Ferry ranking for engaged & enabled workforce • Advancement opportunity and SO MUCH MORE!
$750 Sign on BONUS!
2nd shift /Mon – Wed /6:00 PM – 6:05 AM/ Thurs/6:00 PM – 12:05 AM (5% shift differential)
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to transform their shelf-edge, driving productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of nearly 1,000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
The Press Assistant is responsible for packaging, handling, and palletizing products off press to meet customer expectations. Responsible for assisting in the make-ready, running, maintenance, and clean-up of a flexographic press. Responsible for learning, retaining, and utilizing knowledge in the day to day operation of a flexographic press.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assists in the manufacture of a quality product, which meets and or exceeds customer expectations and consistently meet product specifications.
- Learn/retain and follow all QA/QC procedures.
- Support/assist the press operator in the meeting and exceeding of production goals for current fiscal year.
- Works consistently and efficiently with minimum disruptions.
- Follows through on responsibilities, assignments, and instructions.
- Assists with make-ready and the start-up of running jobs.
- Learn/retain the names of all machine components along with their proper functions.
- Learn/retain basic understanding of the shop order and control card.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work area, uses required PPE, and follows all safety rules and procedures.
- May be required to work overtime or on another shift as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least six (6) months experience as a Press Assistant.
- Ability to embody and reflect Vestcom’s core values.
- Stands 2/3 to full time on the shift daily.
- Uses hands and fingers to handle, and feel 1/3 to 2/3 of the shift daily.
- Reaches with hands and arms 1/3 to 2/3 of the shift daily.
- Lifts 50 pounds 1/3 to 2/3 of the shift daily.
- Requires close vision (clear vision at 20-inches or less).
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- All Vestcom employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers.
- All Vestcom employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All Vestcom employees are expected to comply with Vestcom policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace
- Ability to work Multiple shifts and hours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing environment. Continuous, high to moderate levels of noise require hearing protection to be worn at all times. To ensure the associate’s safety, when working in the manufacturing environment, safety glasses and any other applicable safety equipment are required. Exposure to chemicals, inks, and coatings requires the appropriate PPE to be worn when handling.
This position is designated as safety sensitive.
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Vestcom Parent Holdings, Inc. is the leading provider of tech-enabled shelf-edge pricing and promotion communications for the retail industry. Established in 1985, Vestcom helps clients transform their retail environment to be more engaging to consumers and more efficient for retail store teams. Vestcom provides its Retail and CPG clients with proprietary software solutions that drive edge-of-shelf media pricing, advertising, and planogram information; nutritional content; and other critical data that drives their businesses. Vestcom’s services and technology are leveraged in over 60,000 retail stores nationwide and facilitate tens of billions pricing and promotional updates each year (example clients include Kroger, Albertsons/Safeway, Walgreens, and Dollar General). With more than 50 patents and a rich culture of innovation, the company has experienced tremendous growth throughout its history.
Vestcom is led by Chairman & CEO, John Lawlor, who joined the company in 2009. John and the senior leadership team are focused on driving the vision for the company’s future growth and building on its expertise of content integration and history of innovation in execution at the shelf-edge.
Vestcom is owned by Charlesbank Capital Partners. Charlesbank is a Boston-based middle-market private equity firm with a 20-year track record of superior investment returns. For many years, the firm managed an investment portfolio solely for the Harvard University endowment, before establishing Charlesbank as an independent firm in 1998. Charlesbank is now actively investing its ninth fund, its largest fund to date.
Vestcom is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas and has 10 production facilities across the United States. The company also operates in the United Kingdom. You can learn more at www.vestcom.com.