|Operational Excellence Consultant|
Operational Excellence Consultant
Company : State of Utah
Salary : $25.73 - $41.12 an hour
Location : Utah
Operational Excellence Consultant
The Office of Innovation within the Division of Continuous Quality and Improvement is seeking applicants for the position of Operational Excellence Consultant. This position will support the performance management, quality improvement, and strategic planning activities of organizational units within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to support the department vision that all Utahns have fair and equitable opportunities to live safe and healthy lives. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at the system level and work with a team that is committed to this aim.
The employee will work with the Office of Innovation Director to provide education, direction, and support to the organizational units of DHHS around the implementation of performance management, quality improvement, and strategic planning best practice principles and processes. These activities are grounded in the Results Based Accountability model, but the incumbent may develop and deliver training materials on a range of additional topics. The employee will act as a catalyst for initiating, sustaining, and improving these activities throughout assigned sections of the department. The employee will provide expertise, technical support, and constraint solutions and will support areas of the department by leading or facilitating specific assigned improvement and innovation projects through to completion. This role will serve on the department’s Continuous Quality Improvement Council (CQIC) and may also support the department’s performance measurement reporting requirements. This role may also help maintain the department’s public health accredited status by coordinating with internal experts to ensure we meet and can demonstrate compliance with national accreditation standards.
- Support teams, offices, and divisions in the implementation of Performance Management, CQI, and Strategic RBA Planning efforts, including education and around the principles and frameworks used, especially Results Based Accountability ( RBA).
- Routinely attend and support team, office, and division level accountability sessions.
- Provide technical support in the development of performance measures and the implementation of quality improvement principles such as goal setting, conducting accountability sessions, etc.
- Monitor, model and encourage engagement in the CQI culture, including consulting with leaders in how to accomplish this in their areas.
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement Council ( CQIC) representatives to be effective CQI champions for their areas.
- Participate in CQIC sub-committees on training, communication, and tools and resources.
- Support the office director in mapping engagement in the CQI process and mapping ownership and progress on improvement and innovation projects.
- An improvement mindset, always seeking opportunities to make things better.
- At least 2 years leadership experience, supervising others.
- Knowledge and applied understanding of quality improvement models, particularly Results Based Accountability.
- Excellent social skills, with the ability to connect and engage with people at different levels of the organization.
- Great project management skills, with the ability to track multiple assignments and hold oneself and others accountable for assigned tasks.
- The ability to work individually and proactively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership experience in the health and human services industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a human service related field
- Knowledge of health and human services programs
- Engaged with teams in quality improvement initiatives.
- Intermediate Microsoft platform skills, especially excel
- Experience with delivering training to groups and/or public speaking
Why You Should Join Our Team
You will be working with a great team, and will also receive great health and retirement benefits along with paid leave time and paid time off for holidays. To learn more about the generous State of Utah benefits that start on DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT, click here.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a Background Screening Application (BSA).
Travel required: Must have a valid driver's license. May require you to use your personal vehicle to perform the duties of this position. All approved mileage driven by using a personal vehicle is reimbursable by State Finance. The reimbursement rate is determined by State Finance.
All applications must be submitted online. Resumes emailed or faxed will not be accepted as an application.
Only applicants invited to interview will be notified.
Sedentary - Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
Everyday Risks - Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.