|Government Account Executive|
Government Account Executive
Company : The Lighthouse For The Blind Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Washington
The Government Account Executive is responsible to bring in new revenue from federal customers. The newly generated revenue stream will allow the Lighthouse to increase the employment of people who are blind. They will initiate sales in the Pacific Northwest region with the Navy, Coast Guard, Corps of Engineers, states of Washington and Oregon, and help to grow sales if opportunities arise on Joint Base Lewis McChord.
- Professional representation of the Lighthouse at federal agencies, federal prime contractors, suppliers, perspective suppliers, and industry events.
- Achieve conversion, retention, and penetration targets in new and existing federal accounts.
- Focus on opportunities outside the current scope of business.
- Sales objective of $1-3 million annually to start (tiered goals year after year).
- Identify new relationships, products, services, teaming agreements, or channels that will increase revenues and employment of people who are in the federal landscape.
- Coordinate the implementation of any new opportunities with existing department resources.
- Develop business plans for new business opportunities and oversee the successful implementation of new programs.
- Follow and adhere to all company policies and guidelines.
- Follow and participate in BMS documentation, processes, and procedures.
- Sales experience at federal level that includes; a) military bases, b) defense contractors, c) prime vendors, f) NASA, d) Veterans Administration, and e) all other major federal agencies.
- Ability to pass background check within 30-45 days for security clearance.
- Previous Military supply experience preferred (SK/LS etc).
- Thorough understanding of federal procurement processes and practices.
- Full understanding of major federal contracting vehicles.
- Full comprehension of federal acquisition regulations.
- Four year college degree (preferably in business or supply chain management).
- Advanced business degree a plus.
- 5 years or more working in supply chain management distribution (preferably with items or services consumed by the federal government)
- A minimum of 4 years selling into the federal marketplace.
- Strong desire to understand and embrace Lighthouse culture and mission.
- Participate in sales calls and meetings to provide support for accounts as needed.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or knowledge of the AbilityOne program preferred.
- Ability to travel independently when needed.
- Exceptionally self motivated and organized.