New Job On-Site Travel Coordinator - Unlv University In Nevada
|On-Site Travel Coordinator - UNLV University|
On-Site Travel Coordinator - UNLV University
Company : Shorts Travel Management
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nevada
Short’s Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned, women-owned, private corporation. We are sports travel experts specializing in team travel, recruiting travel, group hotels, bus charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other travel management company. STM’s mission is to enhance the experience of getting there, being there, and coming home. When you win, we all win!
The STM team strives to make team travel easy, drive innovation, provide excellent service, and display teamwork, passion and dedication throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and maximize the value of our products and services.
This position is located on-site at UNLV University in Las Vegas, NV. This is NOT a remote position.
Position: On-Site Sports Travel Consultant for UNLV University in Las Vegas, NV
As first contact for UNLV Athletics, this position is responsible for domestic and basic international travel requests for individual and group travel, and provides emergency and afterhours service for team travel. Travel requests are received and responded to via all means of business contact (phone, e-mail or portal) for air, hotel and car reservations in an efficient, courteous and timely manner. This position manages all functions relating to the booking, administrative and accounting tasks necessary to process electronic or other travel documents as it relates to customer requests and industry requirements, including support of online bookings.
A minimum of 5 years of travel agent experience is required; group and/or sports travel experience is essential. This position is located on-site at UNLV in Las Vegas, NV.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge, skills and abilities utilizing industry and proprietary technology, including Smartpoint/Apollo.
- Communicates effectively and exhibits excellent customer service skills.
- Continuously strives to provide clients with a positive experience, utilizing analytical and strategic skills.
- Positively contributes to the team environment.
- Understands the importance of quality and accountability with regards to revenue generating tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a good team player; dependable and reliable; flexible with the ability to multi-task.
- Positive Mindset
- Self-motivation / Drive
- Work Ethic / Ownership
- People-centric Leadership
- Objective Listening
- Collaborative Style
- Critical Thinking
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize to Meet Deadlines
- Microsoft Office skills preferred (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- GDS, internet, Online booking tool and portal knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a travel consultant; Corporate and Group/Sports Travel experience is essential.
- Smartpoint/Apollo experience is preferred.
- Experience handling VIP clients is preferred.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends during peak travel periods and during emergency travel situations.