New Job Data Entry Operator In Oregon
|Data Entry Operator|
Data Entry Operator
Company : Department of Revenue
Salary : $2,638 - $3,354 a month
Location : Oregon
Initial Posting Date:11/24/2021
Agency:Department of Revenue
Salary Range:2638.00 - 3354.00
Position Title:Data Entry Operator (DEO) 2 Positions!!!
***Current Internal State of Oregon Employees please use your Workday account – go to Career – Internal – Find jobs to apply!
***All others – To apply for this position, click on the "Apply" link above to fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing date and time.
The Department of Revenue is recruiting for 2 Data Entry Operator (DEO) positions!! We are looking for motivated, detail oriented individuals to join our Processing Center. This position is headquartered in our Salem office; however, the successful candidate may be eligible for remote and teleworking opportunities including work from home.
This are full -time , SEIU represented position s. This recruitment may be used to fill additional vacancies as they occur.
What's In It For You
- Permanent, full-time employment in Salem, Oregon, centrally located in-between the Oregon Coast and Portland.
- Work/life balance, vacation, sick leave, 10 paid holidays a year, and personal days off.
- Full medical, vision, and dental .
- Pension and retirement programs.
- Advancement opportunity within DOR and other State agencies.
- Opportunity to expand your technical and professional skills.
- Work with others who are passionate about public service.
- Make a difference in the lives of Oregonians.
What You Will Be Doing
Below is a sampling of job duties. It is not meant to encompass all duties.
- Uses specialized browser-based applications (both Chrome and IE) to enter or repair alphanumeric information from source documents and images.
- Works from a variety of source documents following specified format conditions
- Capture data and/or verify the accuracy of OCR data and correct logic errors and math blocks.
- DEO’s are required to meet a WOB (Work Objects) per hour standard.
- Maintain a keystroke average of (cited below)
- 1st Year =5,000/hr.
- 2nd Year =6,000/hr.
- 3rd Year =8,000/hr.
For a complete position description contact Carlene Johnson at [email protected]
Why Join Us
Mission: Together, we collect the revenue that Oregon counts on.
We are committed to bringing in the correct amount of revenue that Oregon counts on, whether through tax programs we administer, supporting our partners’ revenue collection efforts, or collecting on debts owed the state of Oregon. Together, all of our efforts—every employee and every job at Revenue—supports bringing in billions of dollars Oregon counts on every biennium.
Vision: To create a clear and easy experience for our customers.
A customer is anyone who receives revenue, products, or services from us. Our customers include taxpayers, community-based organizations, people who owe a debt to the state, tax professionals, partners, local governments, state agencies, Oregonians, and the state of Oregon. We envision a clear and easy experience for all our customers, from an individual making a payment, to a state agency counting on the revenue we collect.
Values: We work to earn the trust of taxpayers.
Every taxpayer and every taxpayer interaction are essential. We earn trust by focusing on taxpayers’ experience with us. We provide excellent customer service and efficient processes. We are honest and transparent about our work and what people can expect from us. We ask for feedback. We consider how our decisions impact our customers. We think about how each of us can positively impact our customers in all our roles at Revenue.
We seek dignity and inclusion for all.
All people are worthy of being valued and respected. Not all people, or all communities, are starting from the same place due to historical and current systems of oppression. Different individual’s or group’s needs can require different levels of support to achieve fairness in outcomes. Inclusion is a state of belonging when persons of different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are valued, integrated, and welcomed equitably as decision-makers, collaborators, and colleagues. Ultimately, inclusion is the environment that organizations create to allow these differences to thrive. At Revenue, we strive to appreciate and prioritize different backgrounds, identities, and experiences collectively and individually. These differences are strengths that maximize our ability to be effective.
We do the right thing.
Doing the right thing means doing what is ethical rather than what is easiest or most practical. We act with integrity, make decisions, conduct tasks, and take actions in the best interest of Oregon and our customers.
We build partnerships.
We ask for input from, listen to, and collaborate with our partners. Nobody succeeds in a silo. We learn from the people around us and remember and recognize the people involved in our successes.
We rise to the occasion.
We meet change, challenges, and unexpected situations head-on and adapt to do what is necessary to succeed in our mission. We have a “can-do” attitude, we are accountable, and we can be counted on. We also have the courage to say “no” if something does not align with our mission, vision, and values.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Extensive use of a personal computer, keyboard, and 10-key.
- Continual movement of hands, fingers, wrists, and neck.
- Views computer monitors for long periods of time.
- High production environment processing large volumes of paperwork
This Is What You Need To Qualify
three months of full-time experience in data entry or word processing. Experience should include operating electronic data entry or word processing equipment to input information from source documents; AND
a typing speed of at least 45 words per minute.
Completion of an established data entry training course using electronic data entry equipment may be substituted for up to three months of experience.
The State of Oregon is requiring all executive branch employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series by October 18, 2021 unless the employee receives a medical or religious exception. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception by October 18, 2021. For more information, visit our policy listed here .
The ideal candidate will possess the following desired skills and attributes:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Integrity in work ethic and following procedures
- Accountability in performance and strong desire to improve
How to Apply
- Click on the "Apply" link above to complete your online application and submit by the posted closing date and time.
- The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet all the minimum qualifications and desired skills and attributes listed above.
- Complete the supplemental questions.
- Attach your current resume and transcripts.
- Warning – Workday will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity and will not save your application progress. There is now a “save for later” function, if you need to take a break please be sure to click the save for later button to save your progress.
- Veterans’ Preference - Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. If you checked that you are a veteran, we will ask you for your documents later in the process. Click on the following link for additional information on Veterans’ Preference .
- Criminal Records Check - Employment in any position with the Department of Revenue for all current and prospective employees is contingent on passing a criminal background and fingerprinting check. Circumstances of any criminal conviction will be reviewed to determine eligibility for the position under recruitment.
- To work for the Department of Revenue you must comply with all income tax laws. This means that the department will check to see if you have filed Oregon income tax returns and made arrangements to pay any outstanding liabilities before offering you a position.
- Work Authorization - The Oregon Department of Revenue does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, all applicants will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security's Form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States. The Department of Revenue is an E-Verify employer. If you are the successful candidate, you must present your I-9 acceptable documents (see page 3) for employment verification.
- Are you living out of state and looking to relocate to Oregon ? Learn more about life in Salem or Portland .
If you have a disability or otherwise require an application in an alternate format in order to complete the process, you may contact us at:
Oregon Department of Revenue
955 Center St. NE
Human Resources Rm. 135
Salem, OR 97301
Phone (503) 945-8547
Fax (503) 947-2047
Understanding the State Application Process
Help & Support web page
Learn more about Oregon
The Oregon Department of Revenue is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity.