New Job Corporate Relations Associate In Minnesota
|Corporate Relations Associate|
Corporate Relations Associate
Company : University of Minnesota
Salary : $500,000 a year
Location : Minnesota
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years of professional development experience with demonstrated ability to promote and successfully solicit gifts or sponsorships in corporate or private foundation setting; or two or more years of experience in marketing, consultative sales, public relations, financial advisement, real estate or related field where cultivation/solicitation and maintenance of client relationships for provision of services was a primary responsibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software and other Database Management software is essential
- Proven ability to work effectively and tactfully with a diverse group of internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully solicit gifts and manage a prospect portfolio
- Self-motivated and strong personal commitment to the organization's mission
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to engage faculty, staff, and industry partners and variety of organizational levels
The Corporate Relations Associate works with faculty, staff and CFR officers to qualify and manage a portfolio of corporate partners. The Associate’s primary focus is to qualify new corporate prospects and manage a group of existing partnerships. The Associate is responsible for assisting in the development and management of relationships between the private sector and units across the University of Minnesota system. Members from multiple university units convene to form the Corporate Engagement Workgroup (CEW) with the charge to align the University’s priorities with those priorities of our corporate and foundation partners. This role is critical in fostering collaboration and transparency across the University which enables seamless partnership opportunities with corporations.
Portfolio management and pipeline building (80%)
- Manage a portfolio of corporate prospects to identify, cultivate and solicit investments in coordination with university partners
- Serve as a team member on select Corporate Engagement Workgroup companies. Partner closely with the primary manager to implement strategy and action items
- Work closely with prospect development to identify and qualify new corporate prospects – pipelining with an early focus on sponsored research, recruiting, and sponsorships
- Partner closely and consistently with prospect development representatives on research documents and CFR research requests
- Provide CFR assistance to units like College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences, College of Design, College of Liberal Arts, Athletics, and more to engage corporate prospects
- Complete and submit grant proposals for CEW organizations and select foundations
- Campus partnerships and special events (10%)
- Manage the corporate RFP process by promoting and supporting units interested in submitting grant proposals
- Provide support and planning for campus visits and industry days in partnership with the Office of the Vice President for Research
- Serve as point of contact for the industry engagement Web Site
- Partner with UMF finance team on sponsorship education for units across campus
- Advise units and assist with sponsorship solicitations as needed with an emphasis on units such as CSE, Student Affairs, College of Education & Human Development and College of Liberal Arts
- Set portfolio goals with manager around qualifications, solicitations, substantive contacts and revenue generation (approximately $500,000 annual goal)
- Develop annual individual and team goals contributing to key CFR and UMF projects and committees
At the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF), our mission is to connect passion with possiblity, inspire generosity, and support greatness at the University of Minnesota by placing donors at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. UMF is a nonprofit organization responsible for raising and managing gifts to the University of Minnesota.
For more information about UMF, please visit https://give.umn.edu/about-umf.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail [email protected] or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to either attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or agree to comply with the University's testing requirement. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
In the coming weeks the University will move from attestation to requiring all faculty and staff systemwide to submit proof of vaccination.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.