New Job Community Recreation Coordinator M14 In New Mexico
|Community Recreation Coordinator M14|
Community Recreation Coordinator M14
Company : City of Albuquerque
Salary : $40,456 - $48,277 a year
Location : New Mexico
Maintain, monitor and develop community recreational and sports programs and activities; supervise, assign, review and participate in the work of staff and volunteers responsible for assigned area; ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures and perform the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. Serves as a liaison for community recreational and sports programs and point of contact for civic, public and private organizations and the general public; works independently in monitoring program needs, evaluating resources and promote safety and compliance for established recreational and sports programs; develop and conduct presentations for educating the public in various related recreational and sports programs.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Education and experience directly related to the minimum requirements below may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in recreation and leisure studies; and
Five (5) years of community recreation program planning experience; and
To include one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Certification or membership in the New Mexico Recreation and Parks Association preferred.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of community recreation programs
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of community recreation facilities
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of community sports programs
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of community sports facilities
- Modern and complex principles and practices of recreational program development and administration
- Modern and complex principles and practices of sports program development and administration
- Recreational and sports programs and safety compliance
- Operations and services of various recreation and sports facilities
- Principles of municipal budget preparation and control
- Modern office methods and equipment including computers
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the work of lower level staff
- Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff
- Develop and implement community recreational and sports programs for assigned Recreation Services Division section
- Oversee recreational and sports facilities operation and maintenance
- Oversee recreational and sports programs
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word-processing and spreadsheet applications
- Interpret and explain City policies and procedures relative to assigned area
- Develop and conduct public presentations
- Maintain and manage allocated budget
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including community groups, and the general public
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation