New Job Community Planning Public Involvement In Vermont
|Community Planning Public Involvement|
Community Planning Public Involvement
Company : Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Vermont
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
- Conduct due diligence of planning studies for transportation projects
- Perform field work taking measurements, pictures, deploying cameras, visually confirming community resources and transportation facility operations.
- Assist in concept development, feasibility studies, and the preparation of master planning documentation including sustainability, transportation, and resilience planning
- Support clients in public involvement, outreach, and communication efforts.
- Coordinate and participate in public meetings and community events and interaction with neighborhood groups or other stakeholders.
- Develop strategic messages that educate the community on the purpose, need, benefits and perceived impacts of transportation projects and programs.
- Produce or direct the work of others preparing supporting graphics, maps, and imagery for project deliverables or
- Conduct planning assessments using analytical tools such as GIS to evaluate data, identify trends, and develop documentation to summarize results and recommendations
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage multiple assignments and work in a high paced team environment
- Ability to understand and translate complex, technical information into content appropriate for public consumption
- Proven experience writing content for website, social media, and media notifications
- Working knowledge of graphics or visualization software such as Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Sketch Up or AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools such as ArcGIS and Excel
- Working knowledge of survey platforms such as Survey123, Survey Monkey, and PollEV
- Proficiency with communication and presentation tools such, Word and PowerPoint
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve
- Excellent attention to detail
- Background in planning or communications
- 0 to 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs, Government Relations, or related field (civil engineer, etc).
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.