New Job Climate Resiliency Specialist (Sc) In South Carolina
|Climate Resiliency Specialist (SC)|
Climate Resiliency Specialist (SC)
Company : Weston & Sampson
Salary : Details not provided
Location : South Carolina
Â : Weston & Sampson is currently seeking a Climate Resiliency Specialist with 5-10 year of experience in our Charleston, SC or Columbia, SC office. The Climate Resiliency Specialist will be someone who has experience in climate resilience and mitigating risk for infrastructure, buildings/facilities, and parks/open space.
Our growing multidisciplinary climate resilience team has been working on innovative, award-winning resilience projects, including providing services related to climate modeling, risk/vulnerability assessments, design guidelines, planning, mitigation and sustainability, stakeholder engagement, and design and adaptation. We work with private, municipal, state, and federal clients to identify ways to protect and adapt their natural resources, infrastructure and built environment to the chronic and acute threats of climate change. We are very busy with numerous planning and design projects that span from designing resilient inland/coastal waterfront parks, retrofitting critical facilities, to protecting critical transportation infrastructure and major metropolitan wastewater treatment plants from climate impacts. We are conducting projects along the entire eastern seaboard and the position will include work in different geographies, both remote support and in-person (pending COVID). We are looking to expand our expertise in the South Carolina market and are seeking a seller/doer who can evaluate the market opportunities and work with the larger resiliency workgroup on capture plans.
What you’ll do: *
- Support multidisciplinary teams with implementation of climate adaptation strategies related to stormwater/green infrastructure, flood protection, buildings, parks/open spaces, natural resources, infrastructure, living shorelines, and more
- Support design and technical staff to translate climate projections into design criteria and identify appropriate standards and guidelines to adjust for climate change
- Prepare proposal, reports, presentations, graphics, and other high-quality communication materials
- Prepare project documents, including plans and specifications.
- Assist technical leaders/project managers with a variety of project tasks
- Coordinate integrating climate resilience on large multi-disciplinary projects
- Attend and help facilitate stakeholder and community meetings
- Perform other related work as required
What you will bring: *
- BA/BS degree in planning, civil engineering, environmental engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, environmental science, or a related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- A robust knowledge of climate projections, including sea level rise, extreme precipitation, and extreme heat
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; ability to communicate complex information to engineers, architects, planners, and the public.
- Ability to problem-solve and think critically and exercise good judgement
- A general knowledge of sustainability and climate mitigation strategies, such as carbon sequestration, water use reduction, sustainable materials selection, and energy efficiency strategies.
- Good work ethic, energy, creativity and entrepreneurship
- Desire to try and learn new things—climate resilience is an ever-evolving industry!
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Desire to travel, meet new people, develop relationships and work with multiple offices along the East Coast
- Experience with data analytics, risk analysis, and/or graphic design skills (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent) highly desirable.
- Familiarity with ArcGis, HydroCAD, Hec-Ras, and PCSWIMM, preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel as required.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal:
Overview: Your world is always changing, and so are we. Since 1899, Weston & Sampson has strived to make the world a better place by offering interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services. Innovative and reliable for more than a century, we seek to implement a workplace culture in which all employees are empowered to do their best work while sharing the advantages of their own voice and experience. Join us as we grow.
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company service public and private clients throughout the easter United States. With a staff of more than 700 professionals in offices along the East Coast, Weston & Sampson strives to achieve an exceptional workforce to support the diverse communities we serve and value differences as assets to the organization.
Employee health and safety remain at the forefront of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Corporate Response Team meets regularly to stay up to date with employee needs and concerns, safety protocols and equipment, stay-at-home advisories for all the states in which we operate, and current protocols for our office spaces. The majority of our personnel currently work from home with secure remote access to the company network. We have clear safety standards for in-person site visits or other situations that cannot be accommodated virtually. We also expanded accommodations for flexible schedules and established meeting-free Fridays.
TRANSFORM MORE THAN YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
Weston & Sampson is dedicated to improving the quality of life of both our clients and our employees. We are committed to treating our staff with the highest degree of professional respect, valuing differences, learning from each other, and encouraging our team members to grow and achieve. We provide a comfortable, safe working environment along with the state-of-the-art tools and equipment. We offer competitive salaries, a generous benefits packaged, and a welcoming corporate culture where people are recognized for their contributions.
OUR LEARNING CULTURE
Learn and contribute with collaborative teams in a friendly, professional, constantly improving environment.
Competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and career growth, in an equitable, family-friendly work environment.
TALENTED TEAM MEMBERS
Weston & Sampson is an equal opportunity employer, seeking talented, diverse technical and professional staff members. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
PROJECTS AND PEOPLE
Work on meaningful projects that transform the environment, with a team who values your ideas and shares your vision.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal: https://www.westonandsampson.com/join-our-team/
Job Type: Full-time