New Job Child Support Enforcement Specialist In Pennsylvania
|Child Support Enforcement Specialist|
Child Support Enforcement Specialist
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $46,318 - $70,416 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Would you like to help improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania Children? Are you self-motivated and like being part of a team? Does the thought of working from home appeal to you? This might be the job for you!
As a Child Support Enforcement Specialist (CSES), you will be responsible for analyzing, evaluating, and ensuring the overall effectiveness of the Child Support Enforcement Program. The employee in this position acts as a liaison between the local IV-D Domestic Relations Section of the County Courts of Common Pleas and the IV-A County Assistance Offices, Children and Youth Offices, and other inter- and intra- departmental agencies.
This is a multifaceted position. The CSES responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing technical assistance to business partners, conducting system(s) training, reviewing individual cases to maintain data integrity, conducting case audits, representing the Commonwealth’s interest at FAIR Hearings, conducting outreach initiatives with outside agencies including hospitals and fatherhood groups, and working with customers to resolve issues. Work is performed independently, under the guidance of a supervisor.
If you would like to read more about this position, please view the position description.
Work Hours and Additional Information:
- Work Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM; Monday - Friday; one hour lunch
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) full-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Philadelphia.
- Statewide travel as needed.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Four years of experience in a domestic relations office which included the interpretation, application, and explanation of policies and regulations and analysis of information; OR a bachelor's degree; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training including one year in a domestic relations office which included the interpretation, application, and explanation of policies and regulations and analysis of information.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.