New job VP, Assistant General Counsel- Government Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement in Illinois
|VP, Assistant General Counsel- Government Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement|
VP, Assistant General Counsel- Government Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Illinois
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things:
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions.
Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Litigation/ Government Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement group.
- Represent JPMorgan before government agencies, regulators and SROs in connection with investigations and inquiries.
- Work closely with line-of-business legal and compliance personnel on government investigations and regulatory matters.
- Draft correspondence and submissions, and interact with staff members.
- Advise JPMorgan regarding legal issues relating to investigations and inquiries.
- Conduct internal reviews and investigations.
- Assist with internal and regulatory audits.
- Participate in periodic compliance training.
- Consideration may be given for alternative city locations for internal candidates only. Please direct all location inquiries to the listed recruiter so they may review your request with the hiring manager.
- Would also consider strong AVP Level Candidates.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth experience with regulatory issues.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Legal experience working for government agencies, regulators and/or SROs in connection with investigations and inquiries combined with either in-house or law firm experience with government and regulatory enforcement investigations
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans