New job Patient Hostess in Mississippi
Company : Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center
Salary : From $12.50 an hour
Location : Mississippi
CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK:
Perform a variety of activities related to the transportation of patients. Greet and assist patients and visitors at the clinic as directed.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED
No experience required
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
· Escort patients to exam rooms, and to and from ancillary areas via wheelchair, crutches, roll-a-bout, or stretcher.
· Offer assistance and directions to patients entering and exiting the clinic if asked.
· Assist in maintaining order and cleanliness in the exam rooms and hallways. All exam rooms must be cleaned and stocked weekly or as needed.
· Ensure patients are properly identified prior to escorting the patient to the exam room.
· Ensure patients are properly identified by their name as they enter the exam room.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
· Speak clearly and concisely when calling the patient’s name.
· Establishes and maintains communication with patients and coworkers to improve quality of service and customer satisfaction.
· Respects and protects patient confidence and confidentiality by keeping all sensitive and patient information private.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Requires excellent verbal communication skills to interact with patients, families, doctors, and staff.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Requires the stamina to spend all day on their feet.
· Ability to lift, push or pull 100-300 pounds.
· Requires full range of motion.
· Minimal computer skills.
· Requires the ability to differentiate colors.
· Excellent communication skills
· Impeccable organization and time management skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations