New Job Office Support Specialist Ii In Wyoming
|Office Support Specialist II|
Office Support Specialist II
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $19.17 an hour
Location : Wyoming
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Performs executive-level administrative and support duties.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of assigned programs, projects, or functions between various sources and the office maintenance and inventory.
- Acts as a resource to provide information or interpretation of agency-specific rules/regulations to staff, public, or other government entities, and/or to determine the most effective way of meeting the needs of management, staff, clients, or customers.
- Plans, coordinate and facilitate meetings.
- Reviews cases, applications, files, records, etc., to determine an action to be taken.
- Resolves some light computer/network problems.
- Responsible for program integrity assurance.
- Provides a review and evaluation function to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Develops/implements corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues and provide general guidance, avoiding and dealing with similar situations in the future.
- Maintains database information and required reports.
- Creates and edits reports & documents for management.
- Manages schedules and timelines for managers.
- Assists with writing policy and procedures and operational procedures.
- Management and oversight of all office equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for processing, maintenance, and quality control of records and documents.
- Performs program and/or fiscal duties.
- Compiles vital information.
- Coordinates program functions between a variety of sources.
Preferences may be given to those with an Associates Degree and three (3) or more years of work experience in Business/Office communications.
Knowledge of applicable computer applications.
- Knowledge of records processing and maintenance procedures and systems.
- Knowledge in the preparation of complicated documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of the agency and each respective division/program.
- Knowledge of investigating alleged non-compliance.
- Knowledge of project management.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there will be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Drug-Free Workplace. Per WDOC policy, all staff is subject to drug testing while employed by the WDOC.
- Successful Applicants for employment must pass a background/reference check and drug screen prior to appointment.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Tobacco-Free Workplace and prohibits the taking, carrying, possessing, or introducing of smoking materials, smokeless tobacco, or tobacco substitutes on or into WDOC facilities and grounds.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections complies with the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) of 2003. It is the policy and practice of WDOC to protect inmates/offenders from personal abuse, corporal punishment, personal injury, disease, property damage and harassment, and the elimination of prison rape.
- WDOC has a strict dress code policy to include standards for facial hair, body art, and piercings/gauges. All applicants must meet the standards of this dress code to be considered for employment.
- WDOC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, Wyoming State Retirement and 457 Deferred Compensation Program, and longevity pay opportunities for advancement.
080-Department of Corrections - Prisons - Wyoming State Penitentiary
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.