New Job Lottery Drawing Specialist In Delaware
|Lottery Drawing Specialist|
Lottery Drawing Specialist
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Assists in overseeing the internal control functions for the regional lottery drawings to ensure accuracy of sales and winner data prior to transmission to headquarters.
- Transmits data to central headquarters and operates computer system to cutoff Lottery sales prior to drawings; inputs winning numbers, places game into pay status and inputs pay amounts for LOTTO and Powerball games via the computer system; ensures system and facility security for the drawings; ensures drawing personnel perform functions as required.
- Conducts pre-drawing and random security checks; determines, during the drawing, if the integrity of the drawing has been compromised and declares a misdraw. Identifies and corrects problems and holds another drawing off air.
- Oversees the work of contractual drawing personnel; assigns work, provides guidance with work assignment and input on performance evaluation.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of reports related to sales, winners and drawing operations. Participates in developing policies and procedures.
- Assists in tracking sales results and jackpot amounts to be used for proper control procedures and/or for use by others for sales analysis or revenue projections.
- Participates in the update, installation and testing of the Lottery's voice integrated systems; participates in programming a Unix-based Audix Voice Power software system.
- Updates, installs, tests and problem solves the internal control on-line gaming system. Reviews output data to verify information with vendor reports; tracks discrepancies through system review/analysis.
- May participate as a member of the negotiating team, in negotiations regarding contractual agreements for auditing firms, independent contractors and television studio.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Lottery Drawing Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in computer security or electronic data security.
- Six months experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues involving computer data networks.
- Six months experience in installing, testing and configuring computer data networks or software systems.
- Six months experience in ensuring compliance with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
Additional Posting Information
As a condition of employment, all employees must certify that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by September 30, 2021; or be required to test for COVID-19 on a weekly basis starting on September 30, 2021; or request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination(s) due to health or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices by September 30, 2021. If hired after September 30, 2021, these certifications or requests must be completed during their initial week of employment. This will be in effect until further notice. More information can be found here.
Conditions of Hire
Applicant must complete satisfactory criminal background check, reference checks, confirmation of compliance with federal and state tax laws, and any other required condition of employment.
As a condition of hire you must possess a valid driver's license (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.