New job Director - Government Affairs in Pennsylvania
|Director - Government Affairs|
Director - Government Affairs
Company : CONSOL Energy Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Pennsylvania
The Director of Government Relations will interact with local, state, and federal legislative bodies and government agencies to represent and advocate the organization’s business plans, interests and strategic objectives.
- Research and monitors government activities that could affect the organization’s business and clients.
- Assists senior management and leadership with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory activities related to the business and industry.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities and agencies.
- Coordinate and provide leadership to the trade associations and other groups working on issues of interest and concern to CONSOL Energy.
- Collaborates with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
- Introduces legislative and public policy changes that will support company operations.
- May oversee and manage a liaison program between the organization and legislative entities.
- Work closely with the company’s public relations and human resources function to assist with and execute an impactful and comprehensive government, community/employee relations and communications strategy.
- Prepare required reporting information including local, state and/or federal lobbying reports and other reporting as necessary.
- Participate in engaging local community organizations to identify partnerships and opportunities to direct community investment funds.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Skills/Abilities: *
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong government contacts at local, state, and federal levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- A strong understanding of the energy space and the coal industry specifically
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time constraint
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Political Science, or related field required
- MBA or law degree preferred
- 5-7 years of related or applicable experience, preferably within CONSOL's operational footprint
Primary Location: US-PA-Canonsburg
Work Locations: 0000-CNX Center 1000 Consol Energy Dr, Suite 100 Canonsburg 15317
Job: Mining Operations and Exploration
Organization: CONSOL Energy Inc. BU
Employee Status: Director
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2021, 3:57:13 PM
Location: 0000-CNX Center 1000 Consol Energy Dr,Suite 100 Canonsburg 15317, Canonsburg, PA 15317
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations