New Job Clerk Ii In Texas
Company : Health & Human Services Comm
Salary : $1,982 - $2,905 a month
Location : Texas
The Habilitation Therapy Services Clerk shall be appointed by the Director of Habilitation Therapy Services subject to the approval of the Assistant Director of Programs. They will be accountable to and serve under the supervision of the Director of Habilitation Therapy Services. They will perform computer-related work including setting up formats and producing documents and correspondence, as well as maintain files, materials, and supplies. The Habilitation Therapy Services Clark will be responsible for ordering departmental materials and maintaining records for these purchases
Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Attends to office matters in a capable and courteous manner to assure an efficient operation, including receiving visitors and answering telephone in a courteous manner.
2. Compiles information and statistical data and prepares necessary departmental reports, forms, and documentation by producing hard copies of documentation as required.
3. Develops data base and formats documents using current facility software.
4. Develops and maintains a tracking system to ensure the timely completion of purchasing of materials for the department. Places orders and makes purchases consistent with the policies and procedures of MSSLC.
5. Completing departmental work orders.
6. Receiving morning mail from supervisor's office, sorting, and distributing to appropriate places.
7. Maintains departmental files, materials, and supplies.
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
1. Ability to learn and use current MSSLC computer software in an efficient manner.
2. Ability to organize and electronically produce large quantities of documents according to timelines.
3. Working knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, typing formats, and word processing techniques and procedures.
4. Ability to interpret instructions, to set up formats, and to use technical reference materials.
5. Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant and effective manner and work harmoniously with co-workers.
6. Ability to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to accept additional responsibility as the need arises.
7. Ability to implement and follow through with organizational systems.
8. Conducts self in a manner consistent with standards expected of MSSLC employees as outlined by MSSLC Policies and Procedures.
9. Physical ability to safely lift and carry lightweight objects (under 15 pounds).
High school diploma or GED
Experience using computers preferred.
All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position.
Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 42A, YN, 0111, 3A1X1. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For more information see the Texas State Auditor’s Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.