New job CG - Accounts Receivable Clerk in Kansas
|CG - Accounts Receivable Clerk|
CG - Accounts Receivable Clerk
Company : Caregivers Inc. Home Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kansas
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for a variety of duties, as assigned by supervisor, which may include routine billing payment posting and problem solving for various payers, including insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, HMO, and private pay. The billing clerk is responsible for clear, detailed communication with the billing staff and with payers and clients regarding various insurance-related and payment-related issues. Responsibilities may also include researching and resolving client insurance claims which are denied or uncollected.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise errors
- Operate software system for billing, posting, and claims research
- Obtain and/or enter such documents as authorizations, financial agreements, and other such ancillary documents as may be necessary
- Maintain detailed records as required
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records
- Interact with staff, clients, payer and agencies to answer questions, obtain information, and resolve issues
- Monitor aging reports and take such steps as necessary to guarantee payment of claims
- Coordinate and collect necessary information from staff or payers for claim adjudication
- Participate in take-back, overpayment, and refund process
- Recognize problem accounts and notify appropriate staff or supervisor to assist in problem resolution
- Participate in the training of new staff members
- Participate in auditing processes as needed
- Maintain open, positive, cordial, team-oriented lines of communication with manager and other staff members
- Contribute to the billing department team through positive attitude, respectful interaction, innovative ideas, efficiency, and ethical behavior
Key Job/Physical Requirements
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to work collaboratively on projects.
- The ability to create channels of communication to obtain information necessary to perform job tasks, such as with clients, payers, clinical staff, and billing department staff.
- The ability to recognize individual and system problems and to communicate such information to the supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills. This position requires mastery of a large amount of detail.
- Outstanding computer skills with billing software, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, able to learn computer systems, good keyboarding skills.
- Able to sit at computer for three to four hours at a time.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.