New job Assistant FSO in Virginia
Company : Piper Companies
Salary : $80,000 - $85,000 a year
Location : Virginia
The Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) is responsible for oversight of personnel security, policy, and procedures.
The AFSO will oversee company strategy and implementation
- This role will maintain personnel and facility clearances
- Understand and communicate all clearance verification information to members of the Security Team
- Provide, track the progress of and submit completed security forms as well as follow-up with team for status updates daily or weekly as needed
- This position will be responsible for all administrative functions for Security
- Ability to interpret, administer and follow directives as identified in the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM)
- Perform as the co-lead on annual government DCSA inspections of the facility and security records and perform yearly self-inspections and report findings to the government & Security Team
- Assist, complete and submit Visitor requests and Visitor Authorization Letters via fax or through DISS (or Other)
- Lead the day-to-day management of security for the programs
- Provide Operation Security support and implementing security requirements
- Interface with Program Mgmt., Recruiters program employees, subcontractors and new hire employees in relationship to servicing and maintaining clearances
- Perform clearance processing for multiple government & contractor sites with demonstrated past performance as indicated by ability to verify/confirm clearance/accesses of new hires and current employees
- Manage/Maintain security paperwork for all contracts to include but not limited to DD254s
- Conduct security training and briefings, as required.
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Exceptional communication skills necessary to advise and influence the senior management
- Experience recommending, aligning, and implementing corporate policies, processes, and procedures with business objectives
- Experience with Insider Threat Programs
- Strong influencing skills to get things done; a collaborative approach with the ability to partner with business leaders across the enterprise
- Proficient understanding of DoD/IC policies, guidance, and best practices.
- Experience with DCSA inspections demonstrating positive results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-player with great initiative and a positive attitude
- Strong customer service focuses with a professional demeanor
3+ years as an AFSO or FSO (ideally)
- Associate's Degree or higher in Business, Project Management, or related field is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with eQip, DISS, SWFT, NISS
- Must be able to perform light travel as required
- Must have and maintain an Active TS Clearance
Rate: $80k-$85k/year (depending on experience)