New job Aquatic Nuisance Species Technician Temporary Year round in North Dakota
|Aquatic Nuisance Species Technician Temporary Year round|
Aquatic Nuisance Species Technician Temporary Year round
Company : North Dakota State Government
Salary : $17 - $18 an hour
Location : North Dakota
Salary: $17-$18/hour hiring range; partially paid health insurance
Closing Date: October 15 or until filled
Status: Temporary, year-round
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applicants will be considered immediately upon submitting application materials. The position may be filled prior to the listed closing date after successful completion of the application and interview process.
Summary of Work
- Assist with the supervision of summer and/or fall seasonal watercraft inspectors.
- Perform boat decontaminations of high risk and zebra mussel fouled watercraft.
- Survey watercraft users and perform boat inspections.
- Educate the public on strategies to prevent the spread of ANS.
- Conduct ANS surveillance surveys.
- Process summer water collection samples using microscopy.
- Equipment and gear maintenance.
- Individuals must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Overnight travel required (vehicles provided). Expenses while away from main workstation will be reimbursed per policy (includes hotel and meals).
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Fisheries/Wildlife biology or management or closely related natural resource science degree.
Individual must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license. Must be able to crouch down to see under boats and/or trailers.
Individuals must be capable of working long, irregular hours outdoors, at times under adverse weather conditions.
Requires sucessful completion of a background check.
Preference will be given for:
- Supervision and leadership experience.
- Shop and equipment maintenance skills.
- Operating and maintaining boats
- Previous watercraft surveillance and boat inspection experience
- Current participation in fishing
- Applicants must complete the online application.
- Applicants must upload a resume and letter of interest.
Current State employees with access to PeopleSoft can access the job posting through the PeopleSoft Portal.
External applicants can access the job posting by going to the ND State Jobs Openings. Applications must be completed by 11:59pm on the posted closing date.
For information about the position or for persons needing accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process, contact Ben Holen, ANS Biologist Supervisor, at 701-253-6418.
For troubles or questions about applying on the online system, contact Melissa Long at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
The North Dakota Game & Fish Department makes reasonable accommodations for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant's ability to compete in the recruitment and selection process or with an employee's ability to perform essential duties of the job. It is the applicant's responsibility to make known any needs for accommodation.
Position is generally 40 hours per week and year-round. Applicants must be able to work weekends and on call during summer boating season. Overnight travel is also required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.