New Job Administrative Analyst I - Equity Analyst In Michigan
|Administrative Analyst I - Equity Analyst|
Administrative Analyst I - Equity Analyst
Company : City of Grand Rapids, MI
Salary : $61,521 - $78,565 a year
Location : Michigan
The purpose of this job is to provide professional level administrative support services to a department head or other administrative position. Manages assigned projects. Works as staff liaison to the various departmental divisions and programs and outside agencies; may act as staff liaison with the media. In some instances, this position will have supervisory responsibility.
The City of Grand Rapids has recently been awarded a 3-year grant with the expressed purpose to embed racial equity into the internal structures, policies and protocols of the City to ensuring long-term system changes in our organization. The grant is currently a 36-month (3 year) grant program.
The Administrative Analyst I - Equity Analyst will report to the Director of Equity and Engagement in the Office of Equity and Engagement (OEE) and support a variety of job duties. This position will be assigned projects within the scope of the categories listed below and may be assigned additional relevant tasks as needed.
Serve as OEE lead liaison and equity champion to the City’s Master Planning process.
- Support the inclusion of equity and justice in policies, programs and protocols within City departments through strategic thought partnership with OEE and City Departments, tool development and implementation, training and technical assistance.
- Finalize an internal City process and tool for City Departments to create and vet policies and practices through an equity lens.
- Co-create policy and review policy using the GARE Racial Equity toolkit or similar equity framework.
- Create and manage a system of OEE equity review requests from other City departments.
- Assist the Office of Equity and Engagement and the Director of Equity and Engagement in creating and implementing data driven budget and program decisions.
- Support partner alignment and development of agreements around roles, data sharing and investments.
- Power analysis of decision-making, resources, processes, and data specific to advancing equity within the influence of the City.
- Co-create and facilitate equity education for key stakeholders to advance equity in areas related to the OEE core functions.
- Support leveraging additional dollars to advance the goals and work of the Office of Equity an Engagement.
The complete job description for Administrative Analyst I with the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and work environment/conditions can be viewed here.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration, Government or a related field
- At least two (2) to four (4) years of progressively responsible related work experience
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
BENEFITS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE
- Medical, Dental, and Vision administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield, starting on first day
- 6% Employee & 6% Employer matching 401a
- Employee & Employer contributions to Retiree Health Savings Account
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid parking (if applicable)
- Tuition Reimbursement up to master’s degree
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program with 5 free mental health visits per issue
- Comprehensive Wellness program
- Voluntary benefits including: term life insurance, flexible spending account, disability insurance, and deferred compensation plan options
The City of Grand Rapids does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.