New job Winter Seasonal - Shipshewana in Indiana
|Winter Seasonal - Shipshewana|
Winter Seasonal - Shipshewana
Company : State of Indiana
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Indiana
Work for Indiana
Come Plow with Us!
Join our team of Snow Plow drivers and help keep your State, Interstate and US Routes cleared for the motoring public this winter!
The Indiana Department of Transportation is hosting statewide open interviews for Winter Seasonal Workers (CDL required) on Thursday, September 30th from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. Apply online and attend for onsite for an interview! Remember to bring your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Location: Elkhart Sub District 58905 CR9, Elkhart, In 46517
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, facemasks are required and social distancing will be observed.
INDOT is offering $250 sign on and $500 retention bonuses (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
Winter Seasonal Position Overview
- Hourly Rate: $20.00 (reporting daily, 37.5 hours per week plus snow events), $24 for on call positions only.
- Open positions throughout our District - Fort Wayne, Wabash, Bluffton, and Elkhart Sub Districts.
Candidates must be open to working nights, weekends, and on call.
About Indiana Department of Transportation:
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) provides a dynamic workplace that serves Indiana citizens, improves our state’s quality of life, and enhances its economic opportunity. INDOT has a number of innovative programs and projects, including Public-Private Partnerships, Green Initiatives, and cutting-edge uses of materials and assets. As part of the State of Indiana, INDOT offers a competitive total compensation package, as well as an outstanding work/life balance. Whether you are an established professional in the transportation field or just starting your career, INDOT has exciting and challenging opportunities for you.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of this role.
About the Job:
This position is responsible for performing general highway maintenance duties that keep INDOT assets in good working condition to ensure customer satisfaction. Winter Seasonal workers perform snow and ice removal and related maintenance duties by operation of snow plow and other winter operations duties as required. Traffic maintenance duties such as repairing and installing traffic signs and pavement markings are also required job duties for this position.
A Day in the Life:
- Complies with INDOT Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Operates basic highway maintenance and traffic equipment to maintain, repair and clean highways and right-of-ways;
- Moves and loads supplies and materials;
- Winter operations duties including snow and ice removal;
- Maintains, repairs, and installs traffic signs, route markers, and pavement markings;
- Performs emergency response activities such as: clean-up, traffic control, lane closures, placement of signs, and erecting barricades;
- Performs equipment maintenance such as: minor repairs, preventative maintenance, refueling, and pre-trip inspections;
- Performs miscellaneous labor tasks;
- Performs job documentation tasks such as entry into the Work Management System (WMS);
- Provide assistance to public by responding to general inquiries, explaining delays, etc…;
- May perform basic construction inspection duties, as needed;
- Performs related job duties as assigned.
What You'll Need For Success:
- High school graduate or equivalent (preferred);
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Must have valid commercial driver’s license (CDL)
What You'll Need for Success:
- Required to submit to and pass a drug test as a condition of employment;
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
- Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, dragging, stooping, standing and walking for long periods of time;
- Must be able to endure exposure to inclement weather;
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate clearly;
- Ability to follow directions and work as part of a team.
- Ability to rotate shifts, when necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
This is a seasonal position, and does not offer benefits.
Winter Seasonal positions are not eligible for Holiday Pay, Leave Pay or State Benefits, including unemployment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer