New job Service Desk Director in Massachusetts
|Service Desk Director|
Service Desk Director
Company : E.O. Health & Human Services
Salary : $70,009 - $122,429 a year
Location : Massachusetts
About the Organization:
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is the largest secretariat in MA state government, comprised of 16 agencies with over 20,000 employees statewide. EOHHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth — some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EOHHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
About the Role:
The primary work location for this role will be at 100 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA. The work schedule for this position is Monday thru Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Intermittent travel to various state sites across the Commonwealth is required.
The EHS Service Desk Director reports to the Dir of IT Service Delivery and supervises the three Service Desk Supervisors and their teams on day-to-day IT Support Desk operations. The primary responsibilities
- Achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Complete all assigned tasks and fulfill all responsibilities in a professional, complete and timely fashion.
- Support all EHS executives and employees to achieve their stated goals and objectives by facilitating the use of IT technology services, applications, hardware and software.
- Support, manage, mentor and sustain Customer Support peers and subordinates to develop and achieve service excellence and personal and profession growth and development.
- Achieve 100% customer satisfaction
- Perform all duties in support of EHS achieving 100% user satisfaction
- Complete all assigned tasks within required service level
- Work with team/s to insure that all assigned tasks are completed within service levels
- Provide management and escalation of user problems or vendor reported events as needed to insure a complete and ready return to full operating conditions from any service incident
- Work with their teams to achieve all goals and expectations as required in support of the EHS IT general goals and expectations.
- Provide EHS Enterprise Infrastructure and User Support
- Proactively manage the ticketing tools, call center technology and any and all associated IT tools, hardware, software, and related resources
- Support the needs of EHS IT managers who support the IT environment to enable all EHS teams and employees meet the EHS mission, goals and objectives
- Complete all work within the requirements of any and all EHS policies and procedures including but not limited to Diversity, Workplace Violence, PHI, PII, personnel practices, and IT and physical security
- Take all possible measure to insure that all EHS managed data is protected and managed in accordance with all regulatory and agency standards
- Perform any and all work assignments as directed and required by the Commonwealth, within the ITIL framework and in conjunction with the goals and objectives of EHS IT organization
- Provide EHS CIO/ ACIO and Customer Service Team Support
- Act as an IT liaison to assigned agency ACIOs, IT Operations area/s team/s in regard to all support efforts relative to IT products, projects and services
- Prepare and support required reports as directed
- Partner with ACIOs in support of their assigned agencies.
- Act as the ombudsman for their assigned agencies supporting complex or escalated questions, issues, concerns, plans
- Support Incident and Change Managers and their job functions to insure swift and complete response to business challenges and requirements
- Lead and participate in Quality Improvement efforts a directed
- Perform Supervision and Management Responsibilities as Directed and Required
- Provide remote and on-site support of IT Support Desk team/s and team members
- Educate and mentor IT Support Desk and Operations team members and business partners in the practices and policies of EHS IT
- Perform all traditional supervision and managing tasks including time reporting, over time management, performance assessments, application of discipline as needed in a timely and effective fashion.
- Achieve Personal and Professional Responsibilities and Development
- Achieve and maintain a high level of understanding and knowledge relative to leading edge technologies and services in use at EHS
- Lead and participate in projects as directed
- Conduct themselves as a professional at all times in attitude, action and word
- Perform all duties within Commonwealth, Legislative, Secretariat and Agency policies and procedures
- Pursue personal and professional development in line with the needs of the business
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage the activities of all assigned statewide personnel to ensure proper coordination and quality of work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service background skills and relevant supervisory experience
- Demonstrated success managing a complex, multi-site environment relative to service and support
- Demonstrated success building and managing teams and projects
- Experience supervising / managing staffs of equivalent numbers to those of EHS
- Ability to work independent of supervision
- Ability to provide analytical, technical, managerial, consultative and administrative guidance to EHS AIT staff, management and the EHS user community
- Ability to manage the ongoing services provided to EHS users and to ensure that desktop operations and service is not interrupted and that service are consistent with EHS and customer direction and current service level agreements.
- Ability to manage the design, definition, and assignment IT networks, hardware and software.
- Ability to provide overall control of all activities to ensure that schedules are met and resource utilization is maximized.
- Ability to interview, hire, train, develop the skills of and evaluate the work of all personnel within the assigned unit
- Ability to understand and follow sometimes complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships internally and externally
- Familiarity with leading edge IT technology, software and procedures.
- Ability to understand the laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, standards and guidelines governing all EHS activities.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relative to individual privacy and patient confidentiality
- Experience and demonstrated success achieving customer satisfaction in the IT area for a medium to large business
- Demonstrated strength in Call Center technology, ticketing systems, and databases
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
75% state paid medical insurance premium
Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
Low cost basic and optional life insurance
Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
Incentive-based Wellness Programs
Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants".
As part of the hiring process, the Office of Human Resources will be verifying any college-level degrees conferred to the selected candidate. Additionally, any licensure required for the position will be verified. Information provided as part of the hiring process is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website
For questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.