New job QC Inspector in New Mexico
Company : Gem Technologies Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a_ QC Inspector _to join our team at a federal site in Los Alamos, NM, that provides integral mission support to the Department of Energy.
- Support various programs and projects and must be capable of performing inspections as a Level II inspector in accordance with the requirements of N45.2.6.
- Perform Level II–III QC inspections.
- Control and review Nonconformance Reports (NCRs) and inspection/test reports prior to submittal.
- Maintain clear, concise communications with project management and others on the project
- Proactively evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for corrective actions.
- Assist in the development and updating of inspection procedures, reports/inspection forms/formats, protocols, and checklists.
- Maintain compliance with codes and standards such as IBC, International Building Codes as well as codes and standards associated with various programs.
- Read and understand design drawings, specifications and engineering terminology associated with various programs.
- Perform duties of a Nonconformance Report Coordinator including the tracking, reporting, and fostering timely closure of open nonconformance reports.
- Possess working knowledge of NQA-1.
- Execute assignments working within established priorities, procedures, processes, requirements or specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of relevant experience performing inspections associated with construction, modification, maintenance, or operational support.
- Can apply knowledge of the job and laboratory policies and principles to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Individuals will need to be capable of certification in the following disciplines: Electrical/Instrument and Control (I&C); Mechanical/Dimensional; Civil/Structural Engineering; Receipt Inspection/Material Control; Surveillance and Workmanship Inspection; Coatings; and Positive Material Identification (PMI).
- Needs complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Have a general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Must have an Active DOE "Q" or DoD "TS" to be considered.
- Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.
About GEM: GEM Technologies (GEM) is a federal contractor with more than 25 years of experience providing Construction, Environmental Remediation, Facilities Infrastructure Support, and Technical & Professional Services at government and commercial facilities across the United States. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, Tennessee, with regional offices in Amarillo, Texas; Idaho Falls, Idaho; Piketon, Ohio; and Albany, Georgia. For more information, visit our website at www.GEMTechnologiesInc.com
GEM Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Type: Full-time