New job Patient Care Assistant I in Oklahoma
|Patient Care Assistant I|
Patient Care Assistant I
Company : State Department of Health
Salary : Up to $30,718 a year
Location : Oklahoma
Patient Care Assistant I
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
Please be advised position may be filled at Level I or Level II. Please apply to the level interested in.
Level I - up to $30,717.90 based on education and experience
Level II - up to $32,920.51 based on education and experience.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
Job duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer COVID-19 specimen collection to members of the community.
- Support the overall COVID-19 testing process.
- Enter data into system for lab specimen.
- Work as a courier transporting specimen, supplies, and any other necessary items.
- Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
- Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
- Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
- Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
- Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
- Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
- Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
- Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles). Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. A valid driver’s license is required. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
STATE EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
The Patient Care Assistant job family has three levels which are distinguished based on the level of skill required, responsibility and complexity of specific assignments, and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level where employees perform routine entry-level work, and receive training in providing care or services to patients or clients. In this role they will primarily assist other patient care staff in performing various functions and work under close supervision.
Level I: Required at this level is none.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Non-Competitive