New job Director of Student Activities and Wellness in New York
|Director of Student Activities and Wellness|
Director of Student Activities and Wellness
Company : Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
Indicate Scheduled Hours Per Pay
Duration of Appointment
Semester Appointment Term
The Director of Student Activites and Wellness is responsible for overseeing student engagement and wellness activities while promoting the College’s core values of student centeredness, community, collaboration, and respect. The Director ensures programming and activities are positive, inclusive and responsive to the interests and needs of the student body.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of team members including making recommendations for recruitment and selection, training, conducting performance evaluations, assigning work, approving time off and other related employee transactions.
- Responsible for the planning, implementing, and assessing student engagement and wellness programs, activities, and events and which support diverse populations, improve the engagement and overall health / wellbeing, and retention of students.
- Sets measurable goals and manages the online engagement platform to provide data analysis/ reporting on programs, activities, and events.
- Ensures proper maintenance of all financial records for the student engagement and wellness programming.
- Develops and implements student engagement and wellness related policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with College policy and best practices.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to plan and execute programs and effective communication plans for programs, activities, and events.
- Serve as a resource for individuals/clubs/organizations as well as other campus departments; serves as advisor to the Albany Campus Student Government Association (SGA).
- Additional duties as assigned by the Vice President of Student Affairs
- A Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or related field along
- At least 3 years of experience in higher education, and/or equivalent related experience.
- Experience with advising student clubs/organizations, wellness programming, College orientation and/or event management.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Letter of Intent
- List of References
Job Type: Full-time