New job Deputy Director of Human Services in Washington
|Deputy Director of Human Services|
Deputy Director of Human Services
Company : Pierce County Washington
Salary : $100,702 - $135,982 a year
Location : Washington
This is the leadership role you have built yourself up to your entire career:
If you want an opportunity to provide executive leadership in a truly meaningful role of a lifetime, you definitely want to read further. This is a rare opportunity to provide strategic direction in an innovative department that provides programs and services for Pierce County’s most vulnerable residents. Your work will directly impact the livelihood of individuals, families, and communities in one of the most beautiful and fastest growing regions in the Pacific Northwest.
Learn more about our dynamic Pierce County Human Services department at http://www.piercecountywa.org/hs
You are strongly encouraged to reach out to Peter Asai for any assistance or to discuss this incredible opportunity.
- Act as an integral member of departmental leadership team focusing on cross-program, cross-division and department-wide issues and initiatives.
- Serve as an advocate for clients and customers of the department, and keep stakeholders and advocates informed.
- Exercise proper financial control over budgetary expenditures.
- Ensure consistent interpretation of county code, policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with management and staff within the county, elected officials, community stakeholders and the public.
- Oversee grant proposals, internal agency operations, and various continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Represent the county before local government bodies and community organizations.
- Continue to build a culture of collaboration and teamwork to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage special projects critical to the department’s success.
- Act as Director of Human Services in the Director’s absence.
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Business or Public Administration, or related field.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible management experience, including three years in a supervisory capacity OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which clearly indicates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position is required.
To be considered for this opportunity please:
Complete and submit an online Pierce County Employment Application.
If you do not have internet access, you may visit your local public library or any WorkSource location and use their computers.
Individuals needing accommodation in the application, testing process or need this job announcement in an alternative format you may call Human Resources at (253) 798-7480, at least two days prior to the need.
This is a competitive selection process. Your application form will be reviewed and evaluated for the quality and quantity of education/experience in the areas listed. Applicants whose qualifications most closely correspond to the County's needs will be eligible for further consideration. Notification of application status normally occurs 4 to 6 weeks after the closing date. Short notice may be given to applicants to participate in further selection processes which may include written, oral and performance examinations, and final interviews.
As a condition of employment, the applicant will need to authorize and complete a background check. Information received from the background check is reviewed case-by-case and will not necessarily remove an applicant from consideration.
At Pierce County, diversity, equity, and inclusion means commitment, not a single step. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that supports equitable access to opportunities throughout your career. We want to recruit, develop, and maintain a talented workforce from various backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, and perspectives, committed to our vision. Employees of the County have local, direct, and visible impact in our diverse community. Will you join us in keeping Pierce County a great place to live, work, and raise a family.