New job DC Technician I in Wyoming
|DC Technician I|
DC Technician I
Company : Microsoft
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Wyoming
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Datacenter Technician (DCT).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DCT, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
#COICareers #Buildthecloud #ChangetheWorld #WeSeeYou #RepresentationMatters
As a successful Datacenter Technician, your success will be measured by:
- Learning and living the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- Empowering a culture of safety and security in global datacenter operations by complying with CO+I’s safety programs and policies and completing compliance knowledge assessments.
- Developing positive working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
As a successful Datacenter Technician, your day-to-day work will include:
- Supporting deployment of on-site datacenter physical infrastructure
- Installing, replacing and troubleshooting Cables and Hardware
- Handling data bearing devices (ex. Hard drives, solid state drives, etc.)
- Working within a ticket-based environment
- Movement of equipment using pallet jacks or other assisted lifting equipment.
- As required, assisting the Datacenter Inventory and Asset Management Team (DIAT) with shipping/receiving and inventory management to address high work volumes.
Microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below Required Qualifications. For this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and components
- Six (6) months or more handling/maintaining any technical equipment or machinery.
While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ years’ experience supporting IT equipment or related technology.
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA (A+, Server+, Network+), Basic Structure Cabling (BSC).
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights with or without equipment assistance.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Proficient in written and oral English communication to support regional and global teams.
- Desire to learn, grow, and develop new technical skills.
- Flexibility to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.