New job Curing press operator in South Carolina
|Curing press operator|
Curing press operator
Company : Continental AG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : South Carolina
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Crew Member (Press Operator) to join our Curing department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Responsible for loading green tire and monitoring stability of the loader and meeting/exceeding individual production goals and standards
- Responsible for assisting with molds including identifying dirty mold, identifying when the mold is out of register, and ensuring the mold is properly lubricated
- Responsible for assisting with monitoring arms for stability and inconsistencies and for moving tires to transport system and monitoring for conveyor jams
- Must be able to receive and read written and oral instructions as to specs, procedures, tolerances, various construction and quality requirements, and know all tire components used in the curing area
- Follow standard practices and perform all work necessary to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production
- Follow plant safety policies, plant policies, environmental policies, and keep work areas neat, clean, and orderly
- Read specifications and use hand tools and gauging devices to monitor current and ongoing product quality
- React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition, and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur
- Perform actions with a control panel interface, both automatic and manual
- Manually spray tires and load on to carts and operate a forklift if needed
- Utilize strong troubleshooting skills, problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills, and be self-managed/motivated and computer savvy
- Must be able to follow instructions, pay attention to detail, work in a fast-paced environment, operate computers and scanning devices, and work a twelve-hour rotating shift that includes days, nights, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Follow the internal ESH work instructions in the daily work
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
- Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, work in a hot and dirty environment, frequently stoop, twist, bend, walk long distances, push and pull, and lift 50-75 pounds frequently (occasionally up to 100 pounds)
- One or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or other relevant experience
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Mitarbeiter werben Mitarbeiter
- Mitarbeiterrabatt für Unternehmensprodukte
- Gute Bedingungen für verschiedene Versicherungen
- Mitarbeiter Events
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
Fertigung Betrieb & Produktion
Nice to know
Continentals Spezialisten aus unterschiedlichen Disziplinen treiben den Trend des Automatisierten Fahrens mit aller Innovationskraft voran.
Direkt zur Karriere Website