New job Clerk 2 in Pennsylvania
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $31,394 - $46,162 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Are you a motivated, detail-oriented individual with a positive attitude? The Department of Health, Office of Medical Marijuana, is looking for three Clerk 2s to join their team. If you’re in the market for a rewarding career making a difference in the lives of others, apply today!
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, vacation days, and paid sick days – what are you waiting for?
The position of Clerk 2 provides clerical and administrative support within the Medical Marijuana Program's three divisions to enhance program practices, procedures, and overall operations.
This position will utilize Microsoft Office products and commonwealth software for data entry, creation of standard correspondence, researching applicants’ eligibility for participation in the program, scheduling of meetings, database management, and communication with our stakeholders. Typing, sorting, filing, mail processing, and use of standard office equipment are routine tasks in this position.
If you have good computer skills, are organized, and enjoy a fast-paced office environment with great co-workers, this may be the position for you.
Work hours and additional information:
- Full-time employment
- Hours of work: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, 30 minute lunch
- Position will be in the office full-time initially for training, and then you will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) up to 1 to 2 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Six months as a Clerk 1 and educational development to the level of the eighth grade; OR completion of a high school business curriculum; OR any equivalent experience and/or training which provided the required knowledge and abilities.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.