New job Windows Desktop Support Technician in New Mexico
Windows Desktop Support Technician
Company : Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
Edgewater is currently seeking an Windows Desktop Support Technician to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy at Sandia National Laboratories (SNL). This position will be in Albuquerque, NM.
- Provide prompt initial response to all assigned service requests, ensuring the standard performance requirement is met-or-exceeded.
- Troubleshoot the system problem & complete repair in a timely & efficient manner, insuring minimal recurrence of problem (rework)
- If unable to repair on initial visit, validate the user’s problem & provide information on a temporary work around, if necessary, to allow the customer to continue to work, until the system is repaired.
- Effectively use remote assistant tools, knowledge base, & other tools to diagnose as appropriate & wherever available in the repair customer issues within target time limits
- Provide the customer with regular communication regarding status of repair/install including notification when repairs are complete.
- Communicate with customer appropriate advice & techniques to avoid future incidents of a similar nature.
- Appropriately document all required information into the call tracking system.
- Ensure system is appropriately secured (case is locked, system password protected, etc.).
- Complete site specific, preventative maintenance checklist.
- If needed, escalate the service request to the appropriate IT support for resolution if problem cannot be handled within provided time constraints.
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Field Service Team metrics.
- Meet or exceed all performance service level targets
- Make every attempt, when appropriate, to resolve service requests remotely.
- Partner with team members to communicate new solutions and assist other technicians when call volume is low.
- Contribute to the knowledgebase (KB) through research of articles, training courses attended, on the job learning, etc.
- Participate in IT projects.
- Strive to achieve & maintain knowledge of all applicable site procedures.
- Exercise appropriate workflow & time management.
- Provide adequate notice for planned absences (two weeks preferred).
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- You should be trained in the prevailing operating system(s) & hardware systems used at the client site.
- You will possess experience working in an IT service operation using ITIL best practices and/or ISO 2900 quality management system.
- You will demonstrate formal customer service & technical training will be required.
- Due to the nature of the work & its location, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A current valid driver’s license is required for the use of company vehicles.
- IT Certifications to include CompTia, Microsoft or Apple Certifications.
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
- Active U.S. Government Clearance
- You must possess a High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- You will possess Two+ years of demonstrated PC support, diagnostic/troubleshooting & repair experience, including a solid working knowledge of PC operations including hardware, operating systems and network settings.
- You’ll possess proven experience of having provided the highest quality of customer service in a fast-paced IT service environment.
- You will possess experience with equipment & software installation & upgrades.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.