New job Private Events Manager in Massachusetts
Private Events Manager
Company : Puritan & Company
Salary : $50,000 - $55,000 a year
Location : Massachusetts
A staple of the Cambridge culinary scene since 2012, Puritan & Company is located in Inman Square. We serve Modern American cuisine with an emphasis on traditional New England fare, often nuanced with the likes of other cultures. Our ingredients are sourced from local farms we know.
Led by Chef/Owner, Will Gilson, our team brings an award-winning mix of culinary and beverage acumen that affords our guests the opportunity to enjoy high-quality, thoughtfully prepared food, local and exotic beers, and wines from independent winemakers worldwide. Our space is casual and cozy. Our staff is down to Earth. Our service is lively. We aim to share our excitement about our food and wine. Our guests and their friends should feel comfortable in our friendly, warm environment.
The Service Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager and managing the FOH teams to ensure excellent service and hospitality, financial success, compliance with company policies, as well as team safety and well-being. We are both an established and growing company, looking to add strong leaders to our management team.
- Actively cultivate and maintain strong, caring relationships with guests, vendors, staff, and neighboring businesses
- Ensure that all Puritan & Company policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs are followed and completed on a timely basis
- Guide guests through the food and beverage menu, ensuring all Puritan & Company steps of service are performed
- Maintain and update knowledge of Puritan & Company food and beverage menus to educate FOH teams and guests
- Be the first point of contact for event inquiries, following through on booking,communications, and creating food and beverage menus
- Assist with events, scheduling staff, and serving as the host
- Open and close the restaurant
- Control inventory for restaurant operation supplies
- Act as a role model for all FOH teams and continue to coach, mentor, and guide the FOH teams
- Acts as a cultural and brand ambassador for Puritan & Company as well as the other group holdings - The Lexington, Cafe Beatrice, The Herb Lyceum, Geppetto [Fall 2021]
- Build and maintain a high-performance team and be involved with the hiring process.
- Responsible for building the FOH teams schedules
- Ensure that the FOH teams are completely trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of service
- Promote continuing education to the existing staff, and plan opportunities for continued education
- Actively strive to ensure that Puritan & Company remains compliant with all local, state, and federal employment laws and Department of Health standards
- Perform various financial activities, such as cash handling, tip pool entry, and payroll
- Private event management with close communication with in-house and corporate teams
- At least 2-5 years of restaurant management experience in an ‘upscale’ restaurant
- Bachelor’s Degree, Certification in Hospitality, or relevant experience gained from time on the job
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50+ pounds
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and variable schedule per the needs of the business
Puritan & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary: $50k - $55k, plus 5% commission on Private Events
Experience: Minimum 5 years of hospitality experience, 2 years in management
Location: 1166 Cambridge Street, Cambridge, MA 02139