New job Private Equity Investment Officer in Indiana
Private Equity Investment Officer
Company : System Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Indiana
As a member the Equity Strategies team, the Investment Officer (IO) will be responsible for driving the selection, evaluation and ongoing assessment of external partners and investment opportunities within the Private Equity portfolio. In addition, the IO will independently monitor and report on industry trends, all while reporting to and working with the Executive Director, Investments, (Executive Director) to manage investment risks. The Private Equity program is meant to generate additional returns (or an illiquidity premium) over public markets over the long-term. Private Equity will also play a significant role in the overall IUH portfolio as an engine of alpha. The Private Equity portfolio is a newly approved allocation within the IUH portfolio without legacy commitments to-date thus presenting an opportunity for the IO to significantly influence the Private Equity portfolio from day one.
In consultation and collaboration with the Executive Director, the IO will assist in the establishment of risk and asset class guidelines for external managers and the recommendation of investment partners. This includes assisting in the sourcing, researching, evaluation, negotiating, structuring and ongoing assessment of these investments. In addition, the IO will also perform related industry, strategy and market research, to find opportunities that offer prospectively attractive risk adjusted returns. Finally, the IO will assist in the preparation of reports and presentations to stakeholders as well as working with teams to ensure seamless monitoring of the portfolio regarding performance data, exposures and risk, legal and operations.
The ideal IO candidate will have demonstrated Private Equity investment expertise, with a proven ability to think methodically, strategically, analytically and critically all while collaborating with the Investment team. IUH has a small Investment team that believes strongly in collaboration. In addition to supporting the Equity Strategies team, the IO will also collaborate with colleagues across the entire Investment team (e.g. Absolute Return Strategies, Credit Strategies, Real Asset Strategies, Liquidity Pool, Risk, Operations and Legal).
Significant domestic and international travel
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA or MHA preferred
- Seven+ years of financial and operational analysis experience, with at least three years of experience in the healthcare industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills , Motivated and self-driven with continuous process improvement goal , A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential , Ability to work with other functional groups , Proficient in Microsoft Office products , Knowledge of US GAAP , Ability to be agile and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Requires 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- CFA charterholder, CAIA designee or equivalent experience required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft applications required. Bloomberg system experience a plus.
- Experience in managing equity, credit, real assets or diversifiers required.