New job HR Coordinator in Oregon
Company : Arauco NA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
HR Coordinator – Albany, OR
This position provides support in administering policies/procedures relating to all phases of human resources activity. Recruiting qualified candidates and staffing the right people for the jobs. Assists in the administration of benefits and benefit billings, leave tracking and employee relations. Additionally, this position is the primary payroll timekeeper for the site and potentially a sister facility.
Description of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Serves as HR Representative for the production plant
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions
- Sets up interviews, and works with the interview team to select qualified candidates
- Serves as HR representative for contract employees and temporary employees
- Has knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance and advises of such.
- Fosters a positive employee-relations climate and maintains non-union status for the site
- Records data for personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Assists in resolution of employee relations issues
- Assists in inquiries from employees regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Assists in administering performance review program
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation
- Assists in worker’s compensation (light-duty administration, claim investigation and discipline)
- Assists in Leave Management to include: FMLA/OFLA/OPSL
- Ensure that HR Standards are maintained and respected
- Assist in conducting HR training as needed
- An active member of the HR Team Management System
- Assists with Employee Opinion Survey/Action Plans-Implementation
- Assist with updating the Employee Handbook
- Develop, maintain individual and company goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources (or similar degree or experience)
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience/environment is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with recruiting, staffing for various positions preferred (hourly roles).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administrative role. Preferably but not required in HR related to benefits administration, HRIS database management or FMLA/OFLA leaves administration.
- Must be customer-focused and have a good attitude. Must be adaptable to change.
- Experience in working with all levels of management/personnel.
- After hours support, as needed
- Must be proficient in verbal and written communication; must be proficient in Microsoft Office as the preparation of reports and information is a necessary part of job.
Plus, but not required:
- SAP experience is a plus
- ADP experience is a plus
- Payroll understanding is a plus
- Benefits experience is a plus