New job Customer Service Representative in Georgia
Customer Service Representative
Company : State of Georgia
Salary : $22,520 - $38,283 a year
Location : Georgia
The Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission collects campaign contribution disclosure reports, personal financial disclosure statements and lobbyist disclosure reports. The Commission serves candidates and elected officials for state and local governments, advises, and educates the public on aspects of the Campaign Finance Act, and investigates and prosecutes potential campaign finance violations.
Under limited supervision of the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director and general supervision of the Director of Training and Press Secretary, this position provides information and assistance to persons contacting the agency with questions regarding the Campaign Finance Act and Rules of the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission; responds to a broad spectrum of agency customers including, but not limited to the general public, candidates, elected officials, non-candidate committees and lobbyist; and develops material for limited educational instruction. Resolves complicated issues involving customer service and/or researches governing policies, procedures or laws to respond to clients or visitors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive, review, and respond to inquiries via phone, e-mail and online chat from the general public, agency clients and public officials regarding campaign finance laws and rules compliance
- Research governing policies and procedures or laws and respond to clients contacting the agency to provide correct information and guidance
- Prioritize issues that arise from filers and refer to the appropriate staff member for resolution
- Provide technical support to filers – Independent Committees, PACSs, Political Parties, Ballot Committees, Lobbyist, appointed and elected officials
- Monitor website and e-filing systems and ensures content is current and hyperlinks are working properly
- Coordinate Training classes regarding compliance with the Act with the Training/ Education Director
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
Microsoft Office intermediate proficiency especially in outlook, word and power point
This position will be filled at a level commensurate with the selectee's education and experience at one of the following levels:
Customer Service Representative 1
Pay Grade: F
Salary range: $22,519.63 - $ 38,283.37
High school diploma or GED AND Six months of experience handling customer's questions, complaints and/or providing information.
Customer Service Representative 2
Pay Grade: G
Salary range: $24,771.59 - $43,350.29
High school diploma or GED AND completion of 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) at an accredited college or university OR One year of experience in a customer service setting communicating information OR One year of experience required at the lower level Customer Svc Rep 1 (GST120) or position
Customer Service Representative 3
Pay Grade: H
Salary range: $27,248.75 - $47,685.32
Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university OR Three years of experience in a customer service setting communicating information OR Two years of experience required at the lower level Customer Svc Rep 2 (GST121) or position equivalent. Two years of experience providing educational, training or instructional services in functional area.
Preference may be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications, possess the following:
- 2+ years call center experience with average volume calls of 50 / day
- 5+ years of experience working with the State of Georgia researching rules and regulations
- Proven excellent customer service experience
Application/Resume must clearly describe relevant qualifications and experience.
NOTE: The Georgia Government Transparency & Campaign Finance Commission conducts background checks on all final candidates. Hiring of applicants is contingent upon satisfactory results of criminal background\records check, employment and education verification, employment reference checks, credit evaluation and professional license checks (where applicable).
Because of the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This posting may close at any time prior to the published closing date once a suitable applicant pool is identified.
The Georgia Government Transparency & Campaign Finance Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer