New job Aging Care Manager 1 (Local Government) Cambria County Area Agency on Aging in Pennsylvania
Aging Care Manager 1 (Local Government) Cambria County Area Agency on Aging
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $28,414 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The position of an Aging Care Manager finds itself rewarding by providing services/assistance to older adults who may not be able to meet their own needs.
An employee in this class participates in formal and informal training sessions which provide the methods, procedures, rules and regulations that govern the program and the internal operations of the area agency on aging to which the employee is assigned.
The employee is also provided with an increasingly more difficult series of work assignments during their employment in this class. As knowledges and skills are acquired, the difficulty of assignments increase and more latitude in judgment and decision making is permitted. Training and supervision are carried out through individual and group conferences, reading and evaluating records and reports, assignment of professional reading, attendance at training classes, and other training devices.
Work Hours and Additional Information:
- Work hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm; Monday - Friday with a 30 minute lunch period.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - A Bachelor's Degree which includes or is supplemented by 12 college-level credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences; OR three and one-half years of experience as an Aging Case Aide and 12 college-level credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college-level credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Cambria County. If no eligible candidates who live within Cambria County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- Do NOT submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will NOT be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgTelecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.