New job Administrative Assistant IV - Government/PAC (.86 FTE) in Connecticut
Administrative Assistant IV - Government/PAC (.86 FTE)
Company : Wesleyan University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Reporting to the Chair of the Government Department and the Dean of the Social Sciences, the administrative assistant provides administrative support to the department and the Public Affairs Center. During the PAC renovation (to approximately January 2024), some PAC duties will be modified to account for the use of swing spaces by component Departments. The official duties outlined below will resume in entirety once the return to the new PAC building.
- Assist with the preparation of reports and proposals; write correspondence and memorandums; create flyers, brochures, and newsletters.
- Provide support for faculty searches, tenure and promotion cases, colloquia and special projects as needed.
- Maintain confidential files for faculty, department, and programs.
- Maintain databases and generate reports and mailing lists; maintain calendars and organize meetings; manage office correspondence and procedures; and, greet and work with students, faculty, visitors and other constituencies.
- Manage and monitor department budget; process payroll, A/P vouchers, travel reimbursements, and other financial transactions.
- Coordinate logistics for speakers, colloquia, receptions, and other department events, to include scheduling, publicity, room reservations, travel and catering arrangements.
- Assist in compiling course offerings using CourseLeaf; liaison with departmental staff to manage cross-listings; edit material for course catalog and university publications.
- Maintain confidential student records.
- Provide students with information regarding the major, assign advisees.
- Coordinate department Honors program; administer department prizes; coordinate Phi Beta Kappa nominations; assist with student conferences.
- Update and maintain the department website.
- Hire, train, supervise, record and process payroll for student workers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- *PAC* Support: *
- Assist the Dean with logistical details for PAC Luncheon Series (room and AV reservations, circulate flyers and email notices, order lunches, and coordinate set-up/clean-up).
- Manage and monitor center budgets; process A/P vouchers and other financial transactions.
- Identify and report building and maintenance issues; oversee common spaces in the PAC.
- Order supplies for PAC photocopiers (paper, toner & staples) and place service calls when needed.
- Order PAC kitchen supplies and oversee area; order general office supplies.
- Coordinate the preparations PAC-wide events.
- Oversee scheduling of the PAC conference rooms and lounges.
- Update center website.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
This is a Grade IV position that is in the Secretary/Clerical bargaining unit. The position works 1565 hours per year, 32 hours a week for 47 weeks, and 10 hours per week for 6 weeks.
Associate Degree and four years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Ability to set priorities, to take initiative, to manage multiple duties with minimal supervision, and to pay close attention to detail.
Demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, and email applications.
Experience managing budgets.
Previous experience with web page and database management applications.
Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and collaborating with individuals of different backgrounds.
Experience in an academic environment.
Creativity and innovation, Functional/technical skills, Listening skills, Oral communications, Organizational skills, Planning/priority setting, Problem solving, Respects diversity
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is July 18, 2021
Any and all offers to external applicants for an administrative assistant or union position are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening and computer skills assessment to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Job Type: Part-time